Last Minute Holiday Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya, aluminum tip. shown here is the nose, shoulder, and mmt.

Attachments

• IMG_20190219_091334.jpg
    IMG_20190219_091334.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 208
ya, aluminum tip. shown here is the nose, shoulder, and mmt.
That is so weird. You got the lucky one. Mine is composite and it's not even hammered all the way into the nosecone so there's a small gap. Not really a big issue but that aluminum one sure does look nice.

I ordered one of the Nike Tomahawks back in December. I have left several voice messages for Ken in addition to several emails requesting a refund. Last communication I had from Ken was over email on January 8th, and since then, nothing. Immediately after the sale, Ken was responsive over email, and then all communication stopped. This has really soured me on Performance Hobbies - which really bums me out since PH has some really nice kits.

What makes this sale any different that other holiday pre-sales? I am waiting on Aerotech products.

This kit looks identical to the new Mad Dog kit from Madcow. Also at 199 for those that missed the sale.

What is the length of the exposed part of your NC? Just curious is you received a 5:1 or a 5.5:1.

nose cone top to bottom:
2 7/8 " metal tip
17" fiberglass nose
fiberglass coupler for inside nose cone has a total length of 7 1/4" and is 5" to 5 1/8" exposed after being stuffed into nose.

If this is the same kit as the Mad Dog from Madcow and Chris is the same source, hopefully this bodes well for order fulfillment.

If this is the same kit as the Mad Dog from Madcow and Chris is the same source, hopefully this bodes well for order fulfillment.

Mad Cow won't sell it if it's not in their stock.

We have been told in the past Mad Cow only sells what they have in stock.

Mad Cow won't sell it if it's not in their stock.

We have been told in the past Mad Cow only sells what they have in stock.
He means that is Curtis is making the same kit for Madcow and Ken, just under two different names, and if Madcow is having a sale, then hopefully that means Ken is getting his, too.

So am I the last one to not get their order? Everyone else good? I have bought from Performance before so I knew what to expect.

I have not received my order either. I see Performance Hobbies regularly at mdra. PayPal has 180 day refund policy so I’m covered for a bit longer. No rush here quite yet.

I have not received my order either. I see Performance Hobbies regularly at mdra. PayPal has 180 day refund policy so I’m covered for a bit longer. No rush here quite yet.
If you haven't, you probably want to walk up and talk to Ken.

I'm still waiting as well, but I'm in the same boat, 180 day refund on Paypal, so two more months, then I'll start to get more concerned.

Just received my Performer 98 kit yesterday, so there is hope for those still waiting. Has the nice aluminum tip on the nose and everything fits together nicely.

I talked to Kenny at Red Glare this weekend and he said that he's shipping things out jsut as fast as he's getting them in.

I received my Performance 98 kit today. looks great. i've washed all the fiberglss parts and I'm letting them dry. Test fit was excellent! Thanks Ken. Greg Olson

Back