Laser Cutting

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone refer me to someone that does laser cutting? I'm working on a kit and finding it rather difficult to cut some parts by hand. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

I got some fins laser cut from Rocketry Works recently and they were good quality and would recommend.

Can anyone refer me to someone that does laser cutting? I'm working on a kit and finding it rather difficult to cut some parts by hand. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

I just got off the phone with Jay at Loc Precision, they're doing another laser cut for me.

I was very pleased with the previous order- four 12.5 inch diameter 1/4 thick ply rings with multiple motor locations that had to be very precise in order for the four fin roots to pass through to the central core motor mount tube and not hit the outboard motor mounts. Any movement in either direction and a fin would intersect a motor tube.
I simply did a sketch that described the arrangement.....they were done with "precision" ! : )

Phone: (920) 892-0557
Jay Turicik
Email: [email protected]
435A Factory Street
Plymouth, WI 53073

920-892 0557
[email protected]

Just curious Afterburner....you're working on a "kit", ..............that requires you to cut the parts ?

If you need fins, I've had RC airplane laser cutters do Saturn 1B birch ply fins for me...I can dig up a name.

Attachments

• loc CR 2.jpg
    loc CR 2.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 4
  • loc CR 1.jpg
    loc CR 1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
If you need fins, I've had RC airplane laser cutters do Saturn 1B birch ply fins for me...I can dig up a name.
I'd be interested in sources. Rocketry Works startled me with their prices the other day (mostly on shipping). 4 relatively small fins cut from 1/4 plywood was going to be about $40. Thanks!

Back