Laser Cutting Services?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do router work, but it isn't cheap as it takes time. :) I believe I've read that laser cutting G10 is pretty difficult for the size machine that is likely to offer services. Routers have their limits in thickness, 1/8" is about the thinnest I'm willing to cut regularly. Going to try going down to 1/16 in G10 soon. Lasers can't do nifty things like pockets..... trade offs. But pricewise, I charge $30 hour and material for custom work.

How cheap is cheap, maybe I need to raise my prices? ;)

Nat Kinsey
UpscaleCNC

Pololu offers laser cutting. They're $2.50 per minute, $25 minimum. I don't know how that compares with dfrtech, however.

Contact BobbyB at Hangar 11

845-926-1959
or
[email protected]

I can do up to 1/4 ply. NO g10 at this time. maybe soon.

Here are some very low cost motor retainers currently available with mating CRs in popular sizes.
laser 001.jpg laser 004.jpg laser 003.jpg
glueless smoke fin in 4 inch CR. 38 mm Aerotech motor installed in 4 inch glueless.
DSCN1181.jpg DSCN1192.jpg

Smoke fin CR w/ blind nuts installed
DSCN1166.jpg DSCN1189.jpg

I can also provide laser ready CADD files.

CRs and fin tabs can be supplied with Hangar 11 "glueless" assembly if requested.

laser bed size is 50 inches x 50 inches

Last edited:
Contact BobbyB at Hangar 11

845-926-1959
or
[email protected]

I can do up to 1/4 ply. NO g10 at this time. maybe soon.

Here are some very low cost motor retainers currently available with mating CRs in popular sizes.
View attachment 159986 View attachment 159987 View attachment 159988
glueless smoke fin in 4 inch CR. 38 mm Aerotech motor installed in 4 inch glueless.
View attachment 159989 View attachment 159990

Smoke fin CR w/ blind nuts installed
View attachment 159994 View attachment 159995

I can also provide laser ready CADD files.

CRs and fin tabs can be supplied with Hangar 11 "glueless" assembly if requested.

laser bed size is 50 inches x 50 inches

How much are those retainers, they sound really cool.

Does anyone in here offer (cheap) laser cutting services for ply or glass? :p

You can find cheap laser cutting services at Lasercut Pro. Lasercut pro provide expert laser cutting services at affordable prices. If you have any query regarding prices, cnc machine or any other related to laser cutting then please visit lasercut pro

anyone recommendations for recent providers? i've used ponoko in the past, but wanted to see if there are other options people have used

working on some E-bay and custom centering rings

We do g10
If you provide the dxf file no cnc charge only the cost of the g10.

That is awesome. Good to know. What is the size bit you use, i.e. what is the smallest hole and/or channel you can make? Also, do you do custom CF parts also?

Not sure how to provide only the fin template in .rkt, so here's two rockets. They're small diameter, one with five fins, the other one with four fins. Let me know if this works, Thanks

Attachments

• MAC BlackFly 2.14.rkt
    12.4 KB · Views: 3
  • estes_Dark Zero-19.rkt
    17.4 KB · Views: 4
Back