Larger 13mm motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukun7

Young Rocketeer
Reaction score
I have some Estes A10 engines that I want to fly in a custom rocket to have a high launch in a tiny rocket, so I was wondering if there are larger 13mm motors that can be classified as Bs or Cs, so if you know of any where could I get them or how could I make them with homemade rocket fuel, could you please share your ideas?

There used to be larger 13mm motors, but not anymore.

Have you looked at staging 18mm to 13mm?

We don't discuss homemade motors except in the research forum.

In my opinion, there are markets for longer or more powerful 13mm and 18mm motors. It is nto huge, but there is a market.

We don't even have a mini A motor anymore with enough delay for a high flight since Estes stopped making the A3-6 some years back.

Clustering two or three motors would necessitate using a BT-55 tube at least. In which case you'd be better off using a standard 18mm C motor or 24mm C, D, or E.
If it's tiny and max alt. you're going for maybe a BT-5 diameter, three stager. Featherweight recovery. Three A10 motors. And cheap and disposable, cuz you're not going to get it back.
BTW we don't discuss homemade motors and fuels here. Safety first.
After you get an L1 you can apply for the research forum where such topics are discussed.

Back