Large scale Vostok cluster successful.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Cesaroni

Reaction score
Andy Woerner and crew nailed it with the Vostok. Arrived back without a scratch. The attached file shows the rocket and 18 Pro54's lighting right up at launch. We'll put up some higher resolution shots as well as the details as soon on the Pro web page as soon we have them.

Kudos to Andy and the team.

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO
Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace
https://www.cesaronitech.com/
(905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto
(410) 571-8292 Annapolis

YEEEEOOOOWWW!!!!
Great project, how did the recovery go?
-Braz

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! That is incredible!!! Awesome job...I LOVE CLUSTERS!!!! Wooo hooo!!!!!

Photos, schmotos! Where's the video?!!! :D :D :D

I was lucky enough to be there for the launch and it was a thing of beauty !!!

Each booster and the Sustainer had 4 Pro54's and they all lit ! Pics will NEVER do the Sight, Sound and Feel of the lifoff justice!

I came back in undamaged, and could have flown again in about as long as it would take to reload all of those Pro54's!

Anthony, thanks for being a sponsor on the project !

Does anyone know what size those motors were? I was thinking either 2 grain J210's or 3 grain J295's myself.

Now that HAS to be one if not the largest AP motor cluster ever attempted and certainly the largest HPR cluster ever attempted.

I can't wait to see a video.:D

Yes, it was an amazing flight, got up to about 1500' or so. Only minor issues, like two of the boosters holding on for the ride and not detaching like they were supposed to. Ejection was done using a rubber band of sorts.. Was pretty ingenious, and was definitely worth the trip and the weekend!

-Chris

Originally posted by utahrc
Keep your eyes and ears open for next year's "big" project for Plaster Blaster. The early rumblings are enticing!

If they haven't decided yet, I'd like to throw in my vote. Couple years ago, they went for altitude/speed. This year, they went for big/scale. How about next year, they go for WIDTH! Can you imagine a 15-foot diameter scale SNITCH! Obviously, the thing would need something better for the recovery, but the flight would be awesome!

WW:cool:

I heard Andy talk about what he wants to do for Plaster Blaster next year, but will decline to say until it becomes more official as I don't want to spoil the surprise. Lets just say that if he does go for it, it should certainly be impressive!

-Chris

Congrats to the Vostok team on a great launch, and thanks to CTI and Anthony for sponsoring the motors for the flight.

Back