- Jan 27, 2009
- Reaction score
I couldn't sleep this morning so got up and though about how I could upscale one of my kits to work with the 32mm G-12 motor. After flying my Avro Arrow a bunch and liking how it looked, went together and flew, and how the CG was located, I decided that had the good balance of a moderate weight, good size wing. I did an exact 50% upscale, so 3" PSII tubing, cone is on the way, 9mm depron replaces 6mm, a few more spar supports than the kit due to sheer size of tail and wing. Took me a couple of hours to frame it up, then a couple to add the little details and some covering. Still need panel lines, roundels and markings and painting the cone when it gets here. 48" length, 3" diameter, 36" wingspan, complete with radio and battery it's at 18 oz, rtf should be closer to 27.5 with cone, ballast and G12 installed. This will really scoot on the new single use 29mm G-12's if they ever get approved for flying again.