• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

xx Large amount of rocket items - Need help pricing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinL123456

Reaction score
I recently purchased a house and the previous owner was a rocket enthusiast. He had a lathe and made all sorts of stuff for rockets on it. He left all of his rockets and related items. I have no idea what there worth or if there outdated. I live in lake Zurich Il. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. The nozzles shown do not have the cones cut in them yet. So its like a blank nozzle? I believe they are graphite. There’s also a bunch of aluminum tubing and round solid stock that are not pictured. I would like to sell this as a lot if possible. 872D3258-E450-4D1F-8B0A-0D7F29B94CA6.jpeg97D561E6-BDD8-4D2F-9C30-DFE846BDE60A.jpeg6E785DB2-A5F7-4594-85C6-4483486ABBC0.jpegE88CD390-0127-4EFD-ADD9-A71E12E10D11.jpegECC7BB83-ADD2-4781-AEA3-71464AC1B7AD.jpegCF526754-8076-4DD5-A94F-50F8BBE5CFAC.jpeg

Thanks Kevin

Attachments

• 02025144-F85E-4F8C-A0A1-6EE94836846D.jpeg
    02025144-F85E-4F8C-A0A1-6EE94836846D.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 102
  • EADB8C38-0B13-4B59-A028-3DEB30C0055D.jpeg
    EADB8C38-0B13-4B59-A028-3DEB30C0055D.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 101
Catalog and measure (twice) cardboard/composite tubes. If any damaged sections, list and photos. Others can provide tips on selling completed rockets.

I am interested in the Orange Parachute, Could be a Rocketman chute . Open it up and look for a tag where the Black (shroud lines) meet the orange material . Tag will be on the orange Material.

Post some photos of the following:
"There’s also a bunch of aluminum tubing and round solid stock that are not pictured."

May be most valuable items in the collection.

Bob

I'd be interested in the V-2. I'm not sure which version it is. And I'm not sure what it's worth. Anyone know?

I’d be interested in several of the large nozzles but of course need to know dimensions. The larger ones look to be either for either 75 or 98mm motor cases. You need accurate measurements of the outermost diameter, as well as the shoulder, and of course the inner nozzle diameter. See if any of the boxes with nozzles or cardboard tubes have shipping labels, that could help a lot.

Tony

Thank you all for your interest and help. Trying to figure out the plan on getting rid of it right now. It looks like it will sell as a lot. If it does not. Will update the forum and we will go from there. Thanks again for everyone’s input.

The NIB Lance Beta is also worth a fair amount, if sold on e-bay. But selling as a lot is a whole lot faster and easier than all the effort of a bunch of individual sales, especially if you are not familiar with everything. While I would like a shot at some of the individual items, it very likely makes a lot more sense from the sellers standpoint to sell all at once and be done.

Interesting that the previous homeowner just walked away from it, but in the end, he may have made the same decision, just not worth the hassle of dealing with all that stuff while also selling the house and moving.

Tony

Thank you all for your interest and help. Trying to figure out the plan on getting rid of it right now. It looks like it will sell as a lot. If it does not. Will update the forum and we will go from there. Thanks again for everyone’s input.
It may sell as a lot, I dunno...but there will be a lot fewer people interested, and you'll probably get significantly more income selling individual items or small lots, though shipping is a bit of a pain.

I think trying to ship that whole lot would be a big pain unless your going local pick-up only. I didn't know that you could leave a house in such
disarray when you moved out. Look out that back slider that sucks I would be mad(but very happy with the rocket stuff)

Ok. This guy needs your help pricing them. I change the prefix to XX, because for sale has to have prices.

That is such a wide assortment that it will be difficult to sell these items as a lot.

At the very least, I would break them up into groups . . . HPR rockets, Components, Recovery Devices, Motor Parts, and Model Rockets.

Dave F.

Sorry if I’m not seeing this somewhere but where are you located? I’d be interested in everything, including the lathe. Hoping you’re somewhere in eastern half of the country...

Guys, the OP seems to have moved on. Read post #10, he thanks everyone for their help. Sounds like he made a decision to sell as a lot. I’ll be very surprised if he posts again.

Tony

Thank you Tony. However it is not sold yet I do have a few people willing to buy it as a lot. Hopefully in the next week. If it does not happen I will update this thread and sell them individually in the for sale forum. Either way I will update it on here so everyone knows.

Thanks for replying, it is very much appreciated. Lots of interest in your items, so folks will like to know what happens. Good luck,

Tony

Back