Lakeroadster's Exocet MM40 Block 3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakeroadster

When in doubt... build hell-for-stout!
Reaction score
I saw this thread ---> " New Kit coming " <--- by @DragonRocketry this morning. Scott's Exocet MM38 lead me to do some research on the Exocet series of missiles.

I spent a bit of time this afternoon building a model / simulation using Open Rocket of the Exocet MM40 Block 3.

Another BT-55 based rocket that flies on 24 mm motors.

The rocket shown is a single stage. I also have a design for a 2 stage, but IMHO, it's just un-needed complexity.

2022-06-24 Open Rocket Simulation Exocet MM40 Block3.jpg2022-06-24 Open Rocket Simulation Plot Exocet MM40 Block3 F44-4 Motor.jpg2022-06-25 Open Rocket Photo Studio Exocet MM40 Block 3 2 Stage.jpg

Here are some photo's of the Exocet MM 40 Block 3 I found on the internet.

I'm not really into building scale rockets of existing designs, but this is such an elegant, yet simple, design that it's worthy of being moved up on the build pile.​

Exocet MM 40 Block 3 001.jpgExocet MM 40 Block 3 002.jpgExocet MM 40 Block 3.jpgexocet-image14.jpg
Exocet MM40 Block3 Launching From Tube.jpg

Last edited:
So is this a two stage version?

1656619937645.png

It does have nice lines. I was thinking that if you built it BT-60 sized you might be able to attach a paper cone to a Big Bertha nose cone and come pretty close to the correct profile. I think I saw a build on the forum of someone building a TLP rocket that used that technique for the nose cone.

Fond it: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/tlp-exocet-mm40-a-plan-pack-build.160856/#post-2027347

Anyway, I'll be following this build.

-Bob

Did a little research and found out the block 3 is a two stage missile but not a normal two stage... From Wikipedia:

"It was replaced on the Block 3 MM40 ship-launched version of the missile with a solid-propellant booster and a turbojet sustainer engine which extends the range of the missile to more than 180 kilometres"

-Bob

Back