Lakeroadster's Estes Logo Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rounded tip? The body including the black band and below, where I believe the band in the logo is intended to be a gap between the body and the exhaust plume below? The reduction in diameter at the black band, where the edge of the (maybe) exhaust plume in the logo directly in line with the edge of the body?

The first thing I did before responding was look for a reference for that, and I couldn't find one. So, it's upside down by what criterion?

The first thing I did before responding was look for a reference for that, and I couldn't find one. So, it's upside down by what criterion?

Mine. Well, that and "Logic and Proportion". Actually, every instruction sheet and Estes advertising photo I found shows their logo, when the rocket is sitting in it's launch position, the rocket on the Estes logo is pointed to the heavens... not terra firma.

Well, unless it's a subterranean probe, a.k.a a lawn dart. Then it would look good in the classic "Jart" orientation. :headspinning:

002.JPG003.JPG

Mine. Well, that and "Logic and Proportion". Actually, every instruction sheet and Estes advertising photo I found shows their logo, when the rocket is sitting in it's launch position, the rocket on the Estes logo is pointed to the heavens... not terra firma.

Well, unless it's a subterranean probe, a.k.a a lawn dart. Then it would look good in the classic "Jart" orientation. :headspinning:
Since the Estes logo is oriented flying to the upper right, I suppose you could argue that the logo is upside down – except the logo itself doesn't have the Estes trademark on it. So maybe you could consider it dependent on whether you're right- or left-handed?

Anyway, titles on the spine of books are traditionally always oriented this way (bottom of the text is to the left of the spine, top is to the right). Will fly great either way. 😁

I did see that, I just figured you could put another on one of the other three sides.

don’t sweat the small stuff.

I’m obviously not heavily committed to cosmetic finish looks. But I still think, aside from scale rockets, every rocket has a “back side” where You can put the launch lug and leave some exposed seams without concern (sort of like the real Christmas tree side with the bent branch you’d stick against the wall.)

Back