Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a Winner

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garoq

Reaction score
The winner of the 2009 AeroTech RMS Video Assembly Challenge is Bob Goffena of Dayton, Ohio, as announced at the LDRS-28 banquet.

[YOUTUBE]_oCmaYutYVY[/YOUTUBE]

Bob will receive a gift certificate redeemable for $500.00 worth of AeroTech rocketry products.

Last edited:
Congrats Bob! Gary, do you want to edit your post so it contains the winning video?

Last edited:
chrisn

go away, what ever arguments you have as a result of being an ex-employee of aerotech, get over it. i would not hire you after your posts. The bar is one place to say theses things, the INTERNET is another. you have burned bridges with with past and future employers.

chrisn

go away, what ever arguments you have as a result of being an ex-employee of aerotech, get over it. i would not hire you after your posts. The bar is one place to say theses things, the INTERNET is another. you have burned bridges with with past and future employers.

Why are you hating on Chrisn? He wasn't the ex employee. It was rocketgirlinca.

Last edited:
chrisn

Sorry Rick, is there a reason you're irritated and attacking Chrisn for saying "congrats" to the winner?

chrisn

Not paying attention and treading on thin ice there. Leave the peace-keeping to us. :bangpan:

Im confused. What bought you to the conclusion I am "rocketgirlinca"?

If I had been an employee of Aerotech, I wouldn't have resigned or got myself fired!

Yeah, never been to California. I will be stopping by there when I go to balls though :D

Yeah, never been to California. I will be stopping by there when I go to balls though :D

Hey, capitalize that "BALLS"-event reference in the future if you could, please. :D

It gives the moderators jitters. :blush: :roll:

By the way, I'm not sure what rdmmdr meant, either.

Thanks!!

N

Last edited:
Congratulations Bob! Looks like we'll be able to watch you fly lots of AT reloads at the TORC launches! :cool:

Tim

chrisn

i was wrong and i offer you my apologies, i got you confused with rocket girl. i am sorry if i offended you.

rick

Congrats, Bob.

I am impressed with how fast everyone was able to get these assembled!

-Kevin

Thanks all.

Received the $500 gift certicate yesterday. Very cool. Just have to decide what i want to use it towards.

Bob

I've already decided. Just send it my way.

Seriously, congrats Bob. Have fun spending that gift certificate.

OK, the next challenge should be assemble, launch, recover, clean, reload and fly again.... THAT would make for an interesting video!:D

OK, the next challenge should be assemble, launch, recover, clean, reload and fly again.... THAT would make for an interesting video!:D

Would that be like the back of the shampoo bottle -- "lather, rinse, repeat"?

The challenge there is the variety in the rockets, weather conditions, etc.

Best method would be identical rocket kits, same motor, all from the same batch.

-Kevin

This sounds like a contest for a Large Launch, everyone build the same type rocket, prep and install the same type of motor, and then launch them all at the same time, using the approved given initiator/igniter. Then they should be timed on how long it takes to recover and prep for the next flight.

Finally decided what i wanted, and placed my order today, over the phone. Couple hats, couple RDKs, few Gs, couple Hs, and the rest in Is. Ordering over the phone was an easy process (thanks Brenda).

Bob

Oo! Now that does sound cool! :)

Trudy
PemTech's Art Department and temporary right hand till his hand heals

Last edited:
Finally decided what i wanted, and placed my order today, over the phone. Couple hats, couple RDKs, few Gs, couple Hs, and the rest in Is. Ordering over the phone was an easy process (thanks Brenda).

That's why Brenda called today and needed my address..... :D

-Kevin

Lotsa goodies there!:D So what did the shopping list consist of(other then the 29mm case and the 2 hats which are obvious:rolleyes:)?

That's very impressive. I've assembled 2 29/180 loads, and they took me about 15-20 minutes.

That's very impressive. I've assembled 2 29/180 loads, and they took me about 15-20 minutes.

So once you greased the "O" Rings--you paused for lunch? I think that with a little experience--you will find that it will take about 2 minutes--at the most. Once you know what you are doing, Aerotech reloads are a snap to assemble.

Last edited:
Back