L3 Wildman Extreme

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
So this came in the mail today and I'm not sure how to make this fit....

32657810224_1a40b86251_b.jpg

33460160136_f1859d4193_b.jpg

Last edited:
Something led me to believe after the Loki post you made that you were going to try and fit that in the Screech...

Looks like its time for an Optima upscale for L3..

Something led me to believe after the Loki post you made that you were going to try and fit that in the Screech...

Looks like its time for an Optima upscale for L3..

LOL. the screech would be cool, but the Optima was my L1 so this is a bit symbolic. The Optima and Emerald Dragon will be sitting in on photos to help coach my L3 along the way. Sadly, It will not be an Optima. I picked up a Wildman Extreme for a song a couple years ago, and have been slowly and quietly piling things up in the corner. Time to make the final push. As there are ample Wildman build threads, and several L3 threads going on, this won't be so much a punch for punch build thread. More something to do while the epoxy sets up.

Someone has a big smile on his face, nice new toy. You do know that Binder sells his Max Q fin cans in two types of sizes, in this case, fits a 3" airframe or fits a 75mm motor.

Someone has a big smile on his face, nice new toy. You do know that Binder sells his Max Q fin cans in two types of sizes, in this case, fits a 3" airframe or fits a 75mm motor.

someday.... I do have that Goose.... I may even let you talk me into t2t on that one....

$315 a pop!

I started looking at what I was flying and spending a year. About 20 flights on average, ranging from $20 H to $100 K flights. Having done a bunch of those, and not having done this, trading a few flights for one big one I haven't done makes perfect sense. That and moving into EX more, this makes sense- even finically. Long term? Maybe one or two loads a year in this for me.

there must be a hone that will core out the mmt, centering rings & fin tabs. After all, all they do is add weight and slow you down.

I started looking at what I was flying and spending a year. About 20 flights on average, ranging from $20 H to $100 K flights. Having done a bunch of those, and not having done this, trading a few flights for one big one I haven't done makes perfect sense. That and moving into EX more, this makes sense- even finically. Long term? Maybe one or two loads a year in this for me.

If that is the 76mm-8000n case, I have the same one and it is an awesome.
You can burn Loki, CTI and AT loads in it with the hub cap.
The AT M-1850 is an awesome load that kicked my 9" Patriot nearly a mile.
That load has the most Newtons per dollar without going EX.

If that is the 76mm-8000n case, I have the same one and it is an awesome.
You can burn Loki, CTI and AT loads in it with the hub cap.
The AT M-1850 is an awesome load that kicked my 9" Patriot nearly a mile.
That load has the most Newtons per dollar without going EX.

naw, this is "just" the 6000. Keeping the 8,000 under our waiver would take more storage space than I currently have available.

naw, this is "just" the 6000. Keeping the 8,000 under our waiver would take more storage space than I currently have available.

I got the 6000n Kosdon case. I used it and my Loki fwd to load his awesome M650 cocktail for LDRS.
You can burn the 5 grain CTI loads and the AT M1315w and 1550R.
I got the M1315 because it's 6700+ newtons.

Now that's a beautiful case Dave...
When you strike a match to any Loki load that goes in that case it's going to ruin your mind,,, lol...

I just got yesterday the 76 / 8000 case for "SteamPunk"...
I gotta check that everything fits,, lol..

Teddy

I'm really liking the size of this rocket. Large, but manageable.

32935162233_0a9feb489b_c.jpg

Last edited:
time for some injection....

33654975451_827befedb8_b.jpg

Yep.... it's in there. green FG is so much nicer for this than black....but I do love black...

33654973121_6d27ed44b3_c.jpg

Back