• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

L3 Hardware (Any brand/diameter)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggplant

L3 | NAR 93664, TRA 17791
Reaction score
I'm looking for hardware for an eventual L3 attempt. I don't really care what brand/diameter it is, as long as it can fit a certified M motor. My ideal case is an AT-compatible 75/5120 because it would let me fly L3 and the upper L2 range, but I'm open to any hardware if the price is right. I'm looking for hardware in decent condition, so I request that you send me pictures before I'll consider buying it.

The rocket I'm working on will probably get around 7kft on a 5500Ns motor. I'm trying to keep it under 10kft but I could go to another field where I have access to a 20kft waiver.

Bump! Still looking for any hardware that a commercial M fits into.

I'm only interested in certified case/motor combinations, so Loki style cases with the CTI hubcap would be ideal. I'm not well versed in what other options there are for currently certified and easily available motors.

The rocket I'm working on will probably get around 7kft on a 5500Ns motor. I'm trying to keep it under 10kft but I could go to another field where I have access to a 20kft waiver.

Where do you have access to a 20K waiver, is it a clubs waiver?

URRG and Tripoli Cherryfield both have 18K waivers. Not quite 20K and they are a bit of a drive, but they are both beautiful launch sites.

I have! I'm definitely thinking about it, but the motors are relatively scarce and the hubcap adapter/CTI motors seem to be as well.

I have! I'm definitely thinking about it, but the motors are relatively scarce and the hubcap adapter/CTI motors seem to be as well.

Just buy a Loki 6000ns motor and a M1882 . You will not be disappointed. I flew this in my lvl3 cert. 4 inch airframe , 24 pounds loaded , mach 1.6 to 17k.

Eric

Scarce? I know four guys (vendors) who wanted to sell me my cert M2550....Teddy got the nod...and has made every URRG launch this year. It's easier for us to get Loki motors than buy bread and milk ;)

I know I'm a fanboy, and don't try to hide it....but Scott's called me on the weekend to verify my order was right/make sure I got parts I needed when I needed them, So don't let scarcity or scale bother you... You won't go wanting for a motor.

33460160136_f1859d4193_b.jpg

34697797794_129561f304_b.jpg

Last edited:
As long as I can find a hubcap adapter, Loki sounds like a great option. My local dealer sells CTI, so I would like the option of flying CTI/AT in the case if I do invest in their hardware.

I love Loki! My profile picture is an I405, and my experience with the 38/480 is the reason why I am considering the M1882 for my L3.

aaah. gotcha. Well, if you fly at potter after I do my L3, you're welcome to borrow my case. (I'm planning to go in sept...we'll see how that goes)

I have a spare AT 75/5120 case (no closures though...) that I'd let go for a decent price... Say $180.00 plus shipping. If I knew my Aunt was coming for visit, I could send it home with her... She lives near Cape Cod. That's east, right??? :rolleyes:

I'd be happy to lend you a complete 76 / 6000 Loki motor...
Then you don't have to buy one at all..
All I ask is that you guarantee the hardware and buy the load from me...

Teddy

I'd be happy to lend you a complete 76 / 6000 Loki motor...
Then you don't have to buy one at all..
All I ask is that you guarantee the hardware and buy the load from me...

Teddy

That is some classic drug dealer action...you can use my pipe for the first hit. :wink:

Kidding aside, that is a nice offer though, Teddy.

That is some classic drug dealer action...you can use my pipe for the first hit. :wink:

The first one is always free... LMAO!
I'd take that deal if it was me. And for those of you who know me, you why like know exactly why that's funny.

That's a sweet deal. Yous a good guy Teddy...

See Adrian,, all those terrible rumors you guy's have been spreading about me,,
well,, their mostly kinda, not all completely true... lol...

Hahahahahahahaha
Now that's a good one...
It's just absolutely uncanny how true this is...

The first one is always free... LMAO!
I'd take that deal if it was me. And for those of you who know me, you why like know exactly why that's funny.

How funny is that,,,
You guy's have definitely been cut from the same mold,, lol...
The first hit is always free man... lol...

Teddy

Ohh,,
I almost forgot..
A great big congrats to my buddy Steve M...
At URRF he borrowed my 76 / 6000 motor and he is now our newest level 3 flyer...
As for a cert load,, sorry guy's but I am partial...
It's just the coolest load on the planet without it being a cert flight,, when you add in the flyer is chewing his fingernails down to the nub,, lol...
The venerable M 1650 Cocktail...........

A hearty congratulations Steve.....

Teddy

Last edited:
Back