L3 Build Repository?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccordmw

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone else try to find and read every L3 build document they can find? I swear I learn something new every time I read one.

I'd love to have a sticky that links to all the L3 build documents people post.

Great idea! If you want mine PM me I'll email to you.

PS not sure how to post a file and mine is 3mb

Last edited:
I could host them on Rocketry Files. If you want me to host yours file send me a PM.

It'd be cool if there was a L3 only subform for that...

I think Mark's generous offer is perfect. All one needs to do after Mark uploads it is post that their doc is available on Rocketry Files. I know I learned much from reading others project documentation. Having a shared repository is a great idea.

Last edited:
I am the only one with access to Rocketry Files from a write standpoint.

So, if you want to do it, as I said send me a PM.

I posted mine here months ago. Should be able to find it with a search.

I did a search and found your query about the CTI M1101 CAR certification but couldn't find your build document. Like everyone else I'd be interested to read it - do you have an actual link, please?

My L3 doc started out very well with data capture, checklist - rocket, motor and electronics diagram , but morphed into a 58 page build thread .

Not what I intended but had no problem getting signed off to fly and did not have to produce the rocket for physical inspection until flight time.

Kenny

Maybe the better option is to just have sticky thread where L3 threads can be referenced/linked through. No need to duplicate what's already on the forums. Each project maybe gets one entry with a brief description and then a link to the build/flight/docs/reference thread(s). This would be an easy way to collate past, present and future builds.

:2:

-brant

Maybe the better option is to just have sticky thread where L3 threads can be referenced/linked through. No need to duplicate what's already on the forums. Each project maybe gets one entry with a brief description and then a link to the build/flight/docs/reference thread(s). This would be an easy way to collate past, present and future builds.

:2:

-brant

+1 Maybe have a sub-forum under general discussions; wonder what the cost to sponsor a forum would be...:confused2:

Like the idea of having build packages to look at; helps old BARs such as myself get back into the swing of using modern techniques and ideas for our L3 cert attempts. It would especially be nice right now since I can't fly my L2 cert here in AL due to burn ban; could spend this down time arm-chair engineering my next cert project.

:headbang:fm:headbang:

+1 Maybe have a sub-forum under general discussions; wonder what the cost to sponsor a forum would be...:confused2:

Like the idea of having build packages to look at; helps old BARs such as myself get back into the swing of using modern techniques and ideas for our L3 cert attempts. It would especially be nice right now since I can't fly my L2 cert here in AL due to burn ban; could spend this down time arm-chair engineering my next cert project.

:headbang:fm:headbang:

No need for a sub-forum. Have a curated stickied thread on the high power forum that is read-only. Mods could update the thread with links to individual build threads as they get requests. If a mod doesn't want to manage the thread I would be willing to curate one and update the top post as new links become available.

So how about it, moderators? There seems to be a great deal of interest in L3 certification documentation. Would it be possible to have a stickied post where people can link to their L3 project documents?

The file sizes may need to be increased as some PDFs may be too large to upload to TRF, my L3 packet is 19.1mb and TRF only allows files up to 1.9mb iirc from when I tried.

I could host them on Rocketry Files. If you want me to host yours file send me a PM.

I think Mark's generous offer is perfect. All one needs to do after Mark uploads it is post that their doc is available on Rocketry Files. I know I learned much from reading others project documentation. Having a shared repository is a great idea.

Mark's offer is a good one. A searchable repository is a great idea.

So how about it, moderators? There seems to be a great deal of interest in L3 certification documentation. Would it be possible to have a stickied post where people can link to their L3 project documents?

The file sizes may need to be increased as some PDFs may be too large to upload to TRF, my L3 packet is 19.1mb and TRF only allows files up to 1.9mb iirc from when I tried.

I created a sticky for links to L3 documentation, however documents stored on TRF must by nature be limited to the current size so we can provide our normal services. (We are already multi-gigabyte and operating costs are proportional storage costs and web traffic.)

Links to TRF L3 certification threads and other web storage sites with L3 certification documentation are allowed, but please, no commentary by anyone other than link originator please.

That is an excellent thread to have! I'm not to the L3 stage yet, but having that as a resource will be invaluable.

Great way to respond to a community idea!

Back