L2 on a Warlock

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJT

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well the CTI J285 worked for my L2! Had a 1785 altitude with a perfect parachute deployment last weekend at Bong Rec in WI. A little scare came when the Nomex blanket separated from the shock cord. Probably because of the addition of 1.5 grams of BP. I want to thank the TRF for all the info, data, and in general the "hell yeah it'll work" support. Also a shout out to LOC, Carl @ WOOSH and all my fellow club members. Love my Warlock and can't wait to stuff a K motor in it soon.

Last edited:
Well the CTI J285 worked for my L2! Had a 1785 altitude with a perfect parachute deployment last weekend at Bong Rec in WI. A little scare came when the Nomex blanket separated from the shock cord. Probably because of the addition of 1.5 grams of BP. I want to thank the TRF for all the info, data, and in general the "hell yeah it'll work" support. Also a shout out to LOC, Carl @ WOOSH and all my fellow club members. Love my Warlock and can't wait to stuff a K motor in it soon.
Did you use a chute release? I have my Warlock ready to fly at MMWP this weekend on a AT J450DM DMS motor. I am useing a JLCR. I used it before in the Warlock all went well.

Did you use a chute release? I have my Warlock ready to fly at MMWP this weekend on a AT J450DM DMS motor. I am useing a JLCR. I used it before in the Warlock all went well.
I didn’t given the lower altitude. I’ve had pretty good success with the JLCR but wanted to limit any additional risk factors for the L2. You may have other considerations which would justify its use. Best of luck!

I want to L1000 mine if i get around to stuffing some electronics in the nose
Would a Warlock hold up to an L1000? I asked LOC and a few groups about flying my 5.5 Goblin on one and it was not recommended. If I had fiberglassed it, yes but stock no.

Would a Warlock hold up to an L1000? I asked LOC and a few groups about flying my 5.5 Goblin on one and it was not recommended. If I had fiberglassed it, yes but stock no.

Mine is glassed, but not tip to tip, waiting for it to get a little more banged up and will be doing a overhaul in it and beef it up a bit more :)

My Loc Warlock after Recovery. I used a AT DMS J450DM and used a JLCH set at 700'. I set a little higher because there was almost no wind. It landed about 150' from the pad.

Attachments

• received_983451429071457.jpeg
    received_983451429071457.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 23
Back