L2 NAR pool of Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
Anyone know when the pool of questions for the L2 exam is going to be updated? It does not appear to be in sync with the new FAA regs. See question A3 for example:

https://www.nar.org/pdf/HP-question-pool.pdf

I thought all notification procedures were dropped by the FAA. Doesn't really matter too much to me but since I am going for my L2 at NSL I want to make sure I study for the right set of questions. ;) I am not interested being the only dude on the face of the earth to not get L2 because he failed the exam.

-Dave

If I recall correctly from NARCON, Trip Barber stated it would happen sometime in May or June.

Considering recent events, one could presume that they're waiting another two days for an event that will go unnamed until that time has passed.

Considering recent events, one could presume that they're waiting another two days for an event that will go unnamed until that time has passed.

The TARC Finals in Manassas on Saturday????? :neener:

Anyone know when the pool of questions for the L2 exam is going to be updated? It does not appear to be in sync with the new FAA regs. See question A3 for example:

https://www.nar.org/pdf/HP-question-pool.pdf

I thought all notification procedures were dropped by the FAA. Doesn't really matter too much to me but since I am going for my L2 at NSL I want to make sure I study for the right set of questions. ;) I am not interested being the only dude on the face of the earth to not get L2 because he failed the exam.

-Dave
Hi Dave, I am currently working on this project.

I have to reformat some of the questions in the RTF and some other items that are making it more difficult then I first realized.

Once I have a draft around end of May I will be submitting it to various folks who have agreed to peer review. I hope to submit a finished product to Trip by the end of June.

Art

Easiest solution is to take the approach I use when grading the exams, which is to accept both answers after a change in rules occurs. For my exam I studied both old and revised study questions and was send an out of date exam from NAR itself and also took the correct exam 10 min later. After preparing for the exam, any changes are very obvious!

Thanks Art. That's the information I am looking for. I'll just study the old exam just to make it easier on everyone since the new one will obviously not be ready for NSL.

-Dave

Back