L2 Certification

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
A year and a half ago, I successfully fly my L1 cert flight. August 15, 2015. I flew an H128W in my Estes Partizon.

Today, February 4, 2017, I successfully flew my L2 cert flight. Today I flew a J350W in my MadCow 4" PAC-3.

I will fly my L3 cert flight… when money allows. Check back around 2025 lol.

Congrats on the L2.

You'll be surprised at how that will open up rocketry to so many things. I got my L3, not because I ran out of things to do with L2, but because I got a great price on a kit and LDRS was coming close enough to go to.

Congratulations! It's a great feeling, ain't it?

I have to admit, it's pretty awesome. Flying a J isn't much different than flying an I. But now I have the option for K and L. There's where it gets interesting.

I'm thinking 75mm inside a 4" fiberglass rocket.

Yeah, the longer you put it off, the more the technology/electronics changes and becomes more affordable. You'll keep changing your configurations
if you start thinking or "slow building" an L3 project(s) now. Kurt

You know, you'd think that. But the rocket I wanted to consider for an L3 project just increased in cost by 100.00 so it got less affordable.

Congrats ! But wait... I seem to remember something I was told a long time ago... PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN !!! :wink:

You know, you'd think that. But the rocket I wanted to consider for an L3 project just increased in cost by 100.00 so it got less affordable.

Ummmmm, I was thinking of the electronics. I jumped at an Extreme Wildman when it was introduced and same thing with a Dominator 4. The introductory prices are usually a killer steal. That's what you should
keep your eyes open for. An introductory kit/collection of parts that will fit the venue you want to fly and jump at the extreme discount of an initial offering. I got two 7.5" Smok'in rocket kits for the price of one years
ago. ($400.00) Kurt

Congrats ! But wait... I seem to remember something I was told a long time ago... PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN !!! :wink:

Awwwwww, he can always post a scan of his certification card for you doubting Thomases!:lol::wink:

Cripes he was probably shaking so hard during the flight, he wouldn't have been able to hold a camera anyways!:rolleyes:

Kurt :point:

I have to admit, it's pretty awesome. Flying a J isn't much different than flying an I. But now I have the option for K and L. There's where it gets interesting.

First: congratulations! That's fantastic!

Second: Oh, yes.... yes, it does. The jump between H and I is one thing.... but between J and L.... NOW you've really opened things up!

You've got some hardware and recovery bits to acquire, friend--enjoy!

Later!

--Coop

A year and a half ago, I successfully fly my L1 cert flight. August 15, 2015. I flew an H128W in my Estes Partizon.

Today, February 4, 2017, I successfully flew my L2 cert flight. Today I flew a J350W in my MadCow 4" PAC-3.

I will fly my L3 cert flight… when money allows. Check back around 2025 lol.

Congrats did my L2 Saturday Feb 4th also. Bet it was warmer here!
Bill

You've got some hardware and recovery bits to acquire, friend--enjoy!

Later!

--Coop

Not saying I'm there, but I started collecting before the cert flight lol.

Motor cases 38/120 - 720, 54/852 - 1280. Five, maybe six, SLCFs. Eggtimer TRS with LCD receiver.

It's a start right?

Awwwwww, he can always post a scan of his certification card for you doubting Thomases!:lol::wink:

Cripes he was probably shaking so hard during the flight, he wouldn't have been able to hold a camera anyways!:rolleyes:

Kurt :point:

Didn't even have a camera in hand. I'm sure someone got pics or video. I need to find out who. My wife may have captured one. I'll be sorting her pics later.

Congrats Man!

Thanks. I took the written test back in June. Had my rocket ready for NSL. Issues and complications led to no cert flight. Only took 8 months from test to flight. That's normal, right? lol

You'll like the TRS once you get the hang of it and get a good install. Kurt

I've got to find out who Connor is. Apparently he assembled my TRS. Been told he does awesome work assembling Eggtimer products on the cheap. I have the skills to assemble them, but old age has killed my eyes and I've developed a small shake in my hands. Still good for normal soldering, not so much for micro soldering.

And what did you mean by good install?

Congratulations! I'm hoping to make my cert attempt within the next couple months. I have a 4" fiberglass/75mm rocket kit in the box that I'm having dirty thoughts about what I want to do with it after getting my L2. "Smashing Mach" is what comes to mind most often.

Congratulations! I'm hoping to make my cert attempt within the next couple months. I have a 4" fiberglass/75mm rocket kit in the box that I'm having dirty thoughts about what I want to do with it after getting my L2. "Smashing Mach" is what comes to mind most often.

Mach is one of my goals, but I have concerns. Not about the speed or the rocket surviving it. I'm concerned because Mach means serious altitude.

Back