L2 at Battlepark

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfort

Reaction score
I successfully completed my level 2 certification this past weekend at Battlepark. I had an amazing time and wanted to thank everyone there that helped me. I flew a MAC performance 4" Zodiac (w/Wildman Nosecone) on a AT J460T. I can't say enough how pleased I was with the quality of this kit.

Also, my build included;
  • 48" Fruity Chute Iris (Primary) and 12" (Drogue)
  • Onebadhawk harnesses
  • 2 Eggtimers Protons (Yes, I know it's over kill but I'm addicted to making these things)
*After watching the video I did notice something happened at apogee. I think my primary charge didn't pop my drogue. I'm glad I decided to use redundant dual deploy. 🤷‍♂️

Kevin Fortney
#NAR 111642
#Tripoli 22077

Attachments

• IMG_8986.mov
    18.6 MB
  • IMG_3734.jpg
    IMG_3734.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8988.jpg
    IMG_8988.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 29
Congratulations on the Level 2

I successfully completed my level 2 certification this past weekend at Battlepark. I had an amazing time and wanted to thank everyone there that helped me. I flew a MAC performance 4" Zodiac (w/Wildman Nosecone) on a AT J460T. I can't say enough how pleased I was with the quality of this kit.

Also, my build included;
  • 48" Fruity Chute Iris (Primary) and 12" (Drogue)
  • Onebadhawk harnesses
  • 2 Eggtimers Protons (Yes, I know it's over kill but I'm addicted to making these things)
*After watching the video I did notice something happened at apogee. I think my primary charge didn't pop my drogue. I'm glad I decided to use redundant dual deploy. 🤷‍♂️

Kevin Fortney
#NAR 111642
#Tripoli 22077

Kevin,

I didn't notice at the field, but I think you are right about the primary apogee charge.

Congrats on the L1.

Thank you! I just checked the flight data from my main and it shows both charges did not fire. But the charges definitely went off. 🤷‍♂️9E432597-E7FE-451E-BBBB-5D5BCEA81396.jpegF6CD612F-4B36-4E5C-A8D9-ECDC4B72E73E.jpeg

Thank you! I just checked the flight data from my main and it shows both charges did not fire. But the charges definitely went off. 🤷‍♂️

That doesn't bode well.. Is the question with the software that downloaded the altimeter data or the altimeter itself? I would suspect the software...
I hate when that type of vendor issues happen.

That doesn't bode well.. Is the question with the software that downloaded the altimeter data or the altimeter itself? I would suspect the software...
I hate when that type of vendor issues happen.
Eggtimers have been solid for me so far. I ground tested numerous times without any issues. I was really nervous for whatever reason. I’m thinking this might be human error but curious if this happen to anyone else before? There is only one way to find out, shove the biggest motor I can and hope it comes down haha.

Back