L1 Success!!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Vrstal

Reaction score
Just like Gerbs...I too Certified L1 on Saturday at the monthly TQC launch. My wife, youngest daughter and I arrived shortly after noon, and set up our camp. I then tracked down Brad Wilson...some of you may remember him from the Rocket Challenge. I also paid a visit to Tim Lehr of Wildman Rocketry and purchased a Pro38 I-285. I put the motor together and trimmed the delay to 10 seconds, but after some discussion with Brad and Tim about the winds...pushing 20mph...I retrimmed it to 7 seconds.

Brad went over my papers and my rocket and we proceeded to the pad. I got the igniter in and all set just as it started to spit some rain. The count down started and at the end the I-285 came to life sending my Public Enemy 4" Bullpup to an estimated 2500', right into the sun, it was lost for a sec and then we could se it.....the chute was out this time. The rocket drifted a good 1/2 mile down the corn field.

The Pup was recovered and "NO" damage...I was a very happy camper. Brad inspected it and signed my paper work.

I also flew my Estes Maxi V-2 on a G-64-4. It was a very awesome flight. Absolutely no damage to the reinforced plastic fins...but it did receive a bad zipper on the BT. But it was a successful flight in my book.

I have some pisc of the Pup before and after the flight...but unfortunatly...my photo crew didn't take any of it in the air.

Congrats Martin!:D
did you see the 3 L3 attempts? one of them drifted a long ways from the site. I flew my V-2 on an E-9, at that time there was just a slight breeze, as the day went on the wind kept getting stronger.

Congrats on the L1...I really like the V2 also - great job all around!

Edward

Way to go Marty! Big congrats to ya! Nice pics, btw.

Great job Marty,

And really beatiful rockets! Wow!

Marty,

A HUGE congrats on your cert man!!! It has been a long road for ya, but I am glad you did it!

Once again, well done bro!,

Carl

I know it's been a week since I got my L1 cert...but I just received this pic from my Uncle. It seems that my Aunt was the only one to get a shot of it in the air.

Glad you brought the thread back, somehow I missed it before.
So a belated congratulations.
Great looking rockets and flights.

Originally posted by missileman
Glad you brought the thread back, somehow I missed it before.
So a belated congratulations.
Great looking rockets and flights.

Agreed. Well done. It's a treat when you can watch your rockets fly and not have to worry about taking pictures. It's even better when someone you don't know sends you a picture of your rocket in flight. Glad to see someone captured it. Awesome work! Congrats!

Marty.
I had no dought that you would get your L-1 With how nice it turned out. After fixing it. I knew it was just a matter of making it to a launch. And watching her fly. Way to go. Oh! buy the way. When you going to let her fly on a J-motor ?:kill:

Maybe sometime this year Mid. We'll have to see. (Inside tip...I've been having my daughter quiz me on L-2 questions).:D

Congrats Martin.

So what will L2 be? The same bird on a J330? Or something new?

I'm torn between my newly purchased PML Ebdeavor on a J330 or my half builr PML Sudden Rush on the same motor, except it has the CP3K as well.

Since I'm on the "Unemployed, Stay At Home Dad, Broke A$$ Budget" It will be the same rocket with a bigger motor.

My next rocket purchase will be one of Sandman's LJ2's...but that's after we get caught up on the bills here in Vrstalville.

Back