• Have you entered ???
    LAUNCH LAB ROCKETRY GIVEAWAY

L1 Success on a 4" LOC Goblin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Joshua F Thomas

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it finally happened. After 3 canceled club launches due to weather (living in New England, joy), I was finally able to do my L1 cert flight. See video:

This is a 4" LOC Goblin kit which had previously flow on G motors before. I used a CTI H175 Smoky Sam. I really like CTI's hardware, it is a breeze to assemble. The flight and recovery were damn near perfect. Not a bit of damage to the frame, could have reflown it immediately.

One of my club members mentioned something about scanning and emailing my certification form in (instead of mailing it), as that might update my NAR cert faster. Do any of you know about this? I wasn't able to find anything on the NAR website.

I've been buried in my university studies with little time for rocketry, and it was nice to get back to flying for a day.

RJT

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to scan my L1 cert to NAR. A lot easier and received acknowledgement within a few days. Instructions should be on the cert form. Congrats as well!
Well, it finally happened. After 3 canceled club launches due to weather (living in New England, joy), I was finally able to do my L1 cert flight. See video:

This is a 4" LOC Goblin kit which had previously flow on G motors before. I used a CTI H175 Smoky Sam. I really like CTI's hardware, it is a breeze to assemble. The flight and recovery were damn near perfect. Not a bit of damage to the frame, could have reflown it immediately.

One of my club members mentioned something about scanning and emailing my certification form in (instead of mailing it), as that might update my NAR cert faster. Do any of you know about this? I wasn't able to find anything on the NAR website.

I've been buried in my university studies with little time for rocketry, and it was nice to get back to flying for a day.

Last edited:

GregC

Reaction score

Congratulations Joshua!
I used a LOC Goblin to pass my Level 1 also. Then I used the same rocket with no modification on a 38 mm J357 to successfully pass my Level 2. Great choice in rockets. ;-)

Donnager

Reaction score
Congrats.

My level 1 and level 2 were with a 4" Loc Goblin. If you put it together pretty well, it can fly a wide variety of motors.

Tobor

Get your peanuts....
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats! The black hole in your wallet expands exponentially.... :p

ThePlmbr

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats Joshua. Welcome to High Power. Greg Olson

FlyBy01

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Now study for L2, stuff a J motor in it, and I recommend a JL Chute Release for Level 2.