L1 Project - To post, or not to post,

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_bar

Reaction score
That is the question…

I would like to start my NAR High Power Certification Level 1 project.

As others have done, I wish to start a message thread about my project. I would post updates in design, simulation, construction, and flight. I am concerned that my time is limited. I expect the project will progress with fits and spurts. I hope to fly in March or April. If real world concerns get in the way, then the flight may occur this summer.

Is it OK to post here and allow time to lapse? I can always reactivate the message thread when it gets old and stale. On the other hand, I could post my project to a personal Webpage. Then give TRF folks an update as major progress occurs.

I was only wondering what others thought.

Thank you in advance for your educated advice.

Respectfully,
Michael O’Malley

Mike,

Why not start a thread in the High Power forum and just update as you make progress? I was also thinking of doing my L1 this year so I, for one, would be interested in what you have to say.

I don't think anyone has a problem with you not updating a thread for a while...I've been known to leave my project threads many months before I post in them.

I agree...Post!

Thank you all, for your words of encouragement. It means a lot to me.
I will get my notes organized, then start a thread in the High-Powered Rocketry Forum
Regards,
Mike

I would agree. Post. I just started my own junior level one thread, even though I will probably not be launching until April at the earliest (and probably not until june or july). We still would like to see your project.

To post or not to post...
Heck ya.
I think there are many of us that are toying with ideas of L1 or L2 or DD midpower or whatever. We often get ideas from other peoples projects. I know I'd like to see how you go about it, what your major obstacles are and what you might do different next time;)

I'm building a L1 capable rocket, but it will likely only be launched on G-40 and G-80's. It may be dual deploy though....;)

definately keep a thread on it

that way anyone down the road could read the whole story.

Back