L1 Certification at NARAM-63?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, suggest joining up with NAR prior to the event.

Build a rocket that is L1 capable. If you can get a motor ahead of time, that would be ideal. I am uncertain as to who will be vending the event.

There will be plenty of folks who are capable of helping get you certified.

I am a member of one of the hosting clubs and can put you in contact with someone if needed.

Good luck!
Mike

Yes, suggest joining up with NAR prior to the event.

Build a rocket that is L1 capable. If you can get a motor ahead of time, that would be ideal. I am uncertain as to who will be vending the event.

There will be plenty of folks who are capable of helping get you certified.

I am a member of one of the hosting clubs and can put you in contact with someone if needed.

Good luck!
Mike
Awesome. I should've mentioned I'm already a member of the NAR. Motor is already in hand. Just don't really know/ understand how the whole process works. I understand there are different events throughout NARAM-63, but didn't see anything regarding certification flights. Just curious!

Awesome. I should've mentioned I'm already a member of the NAR. Motor is already in hand. Just don't really know/ understand how the whole process works. I understand there are different events throughout NARAM-63, but didn't see anything regarding certification flights. Just curious!
At the regional launches I've gone to, you bring your rocket, filled-out paperwork, and proof of membership to the launch. A week or two before the launch, PM @mrwalsh85 and see if you can get a name of a person to talk to on the field. Then be flexible, since they might want to fly a rocket or two as well!

I can understand the first timer confusion around NARAM.

There is generally a "sport fly" the weekend before all the competitions. So the first weekend will be fun flying, with the contest flyers probably performing test flights. This is probably the busiest part of NARAM. The remainder of the week is focused on the competitions, but the sport range is open for flying as well.

I'm not sure if I'll be at NARAM just yet, but if I do attend (for the sport fly weekend only), I will be more than happy to witness your flight. I haven't heard who all is going just yet but I'm 100% positive someone will help. Send me a PM and we can go from there.

Mike

There is generally a "sport fly" the weekend before all the competitions. So the first weekend will be fun flying, with the contest flyers probably performing test flights. This is probably the busiest part of NARAM. The remainder of the week is focused on the competitions, but the sport range is open for flying as well.
Actually, the sport range stays open all week.
Yeah...

Back