L1 attempt today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrowolf67

Reaction score
I would like to announce that I am happily certified L1 as of today!! Here's the details,
BluesRockS first HPR launch
Elizabethtown, KY
Rocket: A stretched LOC IV
Motor: Aerotech H238-M Blue Thunder

I'll have pics, I hope, as soon as I get the film developed.
I would like to thank:

Terry McCreary for riding up with me and loaning me the motor case.

Lance Knoechel of Merlin Missile Solutions, for providing the motor.

Albert Stevens, and George Gradyl, for witnessing, and signing off on the flight.

The rest of the BluesRockS members, and launch attendee's for making today a fantastic launch day.

I am also pround to the the first one to Cert at a BluesRockS event.

Thanks Randy!

I also need to give a lot of thanks to Terry/ Shockwaveriderz, and Patrick/ Iceage, for getting the club going, aquiring a great field.

And Patrick for having printed two BluesRockS member cards for me, one with L0, and one I didn't know about, with L1. That was definately a good feeling swapping out the cards so soon :)

Congrat on the L1 Cert!

Get those pics developed!!

sandman

Way to go Astro! L1 is a fine accomplishment and also like entering a cave with no torch. Welcome to the world of HPR. Don't be surprised if along the way you lose a few bills. :D We're looking forward to your cert pics.

Originally posted by astrowolf67
Thanks Randy!

I also need to give a lot of thanks to Terry/ Shockwaveriderz, and Patrick/ Iceage, for getting the club going, aquiring a great field.

And Patrick for having printed two BluesRockS member cards for me, one with L0, and one I didn't know about, with L1. That was definately a good feeling swapping out the cards so soon :)

Service with a smile :D

Besides, we only deliver the finest to our BluesRockers!!!

Patrick

Astro, great job. Congratulations on a successful L1 flight! Welcome to the wonderful world of HPR now break out your wallet.

David, welcome to the ability to spend bigger buck on each flight club :D

Congratulations, what a rush...

Thanks everybody!!
It really is a great feeling. The only thing missing, was that my wife didn't get to see the flight. She had to work :( But......maybe some time in the future.........she will get to see me go for a L2:) That's way off though. I'm going to enjoy L1 for a while, and take a dip into the dual deployment pool.

Astro...

A HUGE congrats to you on your L1 cert! I am sure you hada great day and it is an event you will never forget. Make sure you keep all the pics and such...start filling that photo album and buying those motors!

Welcome to HPR

Once again, congrats,

Carl

Ditto here as well. You always remember your Cert flights. Its a great feeling when you have a good flight.
Larry

congrats!

Time to get out the ol credit card now! First order of buisness: Buy a digital camera so you can post pics right away!;) Then you start on your L2....;) Or just have fun flying L1 for a year or so like my dad did, and THEN start thinking about L2.;) Either way, you better ask your boss for a raise!;)

Back