L-1 Today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobrogg

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
(GOOD NEWS) WOOO HOOOO I L-1 Today! I used a PML Mini-BBX with a CPR system on a I200. Look out level 2!

(BAD NEWS) Right after that launch, my AeroTech Barracuda on a G-80T landed on the hood of a spectator’s van. No damage to the rocket

Excellent report bobrogg...

Glad to hear you got your Cert and a huge congrats to ya!!! I notiiced you went all the way with electronics, so a double congrats on a complex launch. Pics, make sure you post em when you get em. :)

Once again, big congratulations to ya and welcome to HPR!

Carl

that sounds like a neck snapping flight.

it must be a thing with barracudas. Mine chased after me and doug and almost killed us. unfortunantly there was damage to the rocket :(

L1 and electronics????? Congrats on both..........

Say bye-bye to your checkbook and say hello to HPR :D

The vendors were very happy with me this month. Maybe I should setup direct deposit with them so they can take as much as they need.

Originally posted by bobrogg
take a look at my L-2 rocket plans. :D

For what it's worth, my opinion is that your design is too complex for a L2 cert flight...... I would go with something much simplier and save this design for later......... It does look cool......... I haven't seen many rockets with two transistions.......

Your right, I'm not going to use it for a cert flight, I'm thinking of using the BBX with the booster (38/I366), or I just might find something else that's very simple to build and fly for the L-2 cert flight.

Last weekend I saw a guy do a L2 cert using one of Andy Woerner's 7.5" V2 kits. It was a nice, low flight, didn't require any fancy hardware, and the kit had plenty of room for an enormous chute. It just went straight up about 2000 feet, and came straight back down. Most of his kits are for HPR, and that V2 looks to be a good solid kit.

Skunk Works Rocketry Kits

WW

Back