Kudos to Jolly Logic!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActingLikeAKid

Reaction score
Just sent off my Chute Release to Jolly Logic -- I noticed the warning about high altitude launches; my launch location is at 7500 feet.

John had it updated and back on its way in under 24 hours, even sent me an e-mail letting me know it was on its way.

Great job!

Had nothing but good experience with John and Jolly Logic. Good stuff and people for sure!

I just made my first order from JR this morning. I am have been wanting a chute release for a long time and finally pulled the trigger on it. Glad to be a part of the family.

Edit: Got an email today saying my chute release shipped!

Last edited:
I can't believe it, my new Chute Release was waiting on me when I got home from work today. Talk about instant gratification. The speed and packaging/care John put into this product is amazing. I'll be a customer for life for sure. Thanks John!

I get my order from Mac performance tomorrow! One Jolly Logic Chute Release, thank you!

This turns High Power Rocketry into a whole new Sport.

I'm considering a length of streamer tied at the top of my Rocket man chute now. Hopefully this will aid deployment placing the chute above everything else.

Just a passing thought.

JP Morgan:

Some tips for a first-timer:
1. Absolutely 100% make sure you try the "shake test" - with the chute wrapped and the CR in place, grab the shock cord & shake hard. Everything should stay intact. If the chute pops out, retry your wrapping strategy.
2. I have had zero problems with nylon chutes, but have had some "failure to unfurl" incidents with plastic chutes. A dust of talc might help with that.
3. Err on the side of caution for your first flight. Better to open at 500 feet and walk a bit than open at 200 feet and walk a few steps to pick up rocket remains. As a benchmark: With the Estes 24" PSII nylon chute, 300 feet works fine for me.

Good luck & enjoy!!

JP Morgan:

Some tips for a first-timer:
1. Absolutely 100% make sure you try the "shake test" - with the chute wrapped and the CR in place, grab the shock cord & shake hard. Everything should stay intact. If the chute pops out, retry your wrapping strategy.
2. I have had zero problems with nylon chutes, but have had some "failure to unfurl" incidents with plastic chutes. A dust of talc might help with that.
3. Err on the side of caution for your first flight. Better to open at 500 feet and walk a bit than open at 200 feet and walk a few steps to pick up rocket remains. As a benchmark: With the Estes 24" PSII nylon chute, 300 feet works fine for me.

Good luck & enjoy!!

Will do!
Thank you very much!

My first chute release flight will be tomorrow also. Been testing the snot out of it just because it's fun to play with.

I am happy to report with a motor burn through, even though the rocket went up a few hundred feet, when the charge blew the JLCR did release but unfortunately the rocket wasn't up high enough for the chute to inflate. Is an FG rocket I've been able to repair with a coupler so it will fly again with a burn hole in the tube. Looks pretty neat and the internal FG coupler is plenty strong. That's a robust algorithm there in the chute release. Very less than nominal flight and it did the right thing. Kurt

Back