Kudos to Jolly Logic and John Beans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a big, public thank you to John.

Recently, due to my own stupidity (and a bit of bad luck), my Altimeter 3 did a freefall from ~1100 feet (my stupidity), and landed on asphalt (the bad luck).

The LCD did not survive the impact, but I could still "see" and connect to the device via Bluetooth (it reported the impact velocity as 46fps).

On the Monday following the incident, I e-mailed Jolly Logic to find out if the LCD could be replaced, and what it would cost. By the end of the week, I had a replacement LCD, instructions, and a replacement case, all at no charge.

"Above and Beyond" service seems less and less frequent these days, so I like to announce it when I experience it.

Nice. Glad to hear there are still those that believe in quality customer service. It is a very rare thing in this "Connected World" we live in.

Nice. Glad to hear there are still those that believe in quality customer service. It is a very rare thing in this "Connected World" we live in.

As someone who owns two JLCRs and two Altimeter3s, I’ve had nothing but amazing help, support and service from John. I’ll gladly send him my disposable income for his rocket gadgets and I encourage all others who want things that he sells to do the same with confidence!

Now we just need him to release the Altimeter4!! [emoji12]

Back