Kudos to Estes Customer Service

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennW

Reaction score
A year or 2 back I crashed my Outlander and the motor mount was completely destroyed. Recently I started taking it apart and repairing it. I realized that a standard motor mount kit wouldn't work with this being that it has 4 specially cut centering rings and an extra long motor tube. So I emailed them to see if they might have any leftover Outlander parts. Christine emailed be back saying that parts were on the way to me but that I would have to cut the motor tube down because they didn't have the exact length anymore. Not long after a box arrived at my house. It had the motor tube, 4 centering rings which were actually from a Gauchito kit, and the green adapter ring. So I'll have to make a few modifications but overall this was very good customer service and worth mentioning on here!

Glenn

Consider yourself fortunate.
In February I contacted Estes informing them of a motor failure. I called repeatedly, leaving messages (with only two replies from customer service) before finally receiving the replacement motors and kit in July.
Then, in August I had a similar motor failure to a different rocket. I'm still waiting for the replacement motors/kit and yes, I'm still calling and leaving messages and still not receiving any reply from Estes.

Consider yourself fortunate.
In February I contacted Estes informing them of a motor failure. I called repeatedly, leaving messages (with only two replies from customer service) before finally receiving the replacement motors and kit in July.
Then, in August I had a similar motor failure to a different rocket. I'm still waiting for the replacement motors/kit and yes, I'm still calling and leaving messages and still not receiving any reply from Estes.

This is more consistent with my experience with Estes. I bought a Big Daddy earlier this year and found that it had two warped fins. I contacted their customer service through the email form on their website. After 6 weeks of waiting for a reply (I actually completely forgot about it) I tried calling and got just as far with that effort. I then tried the email form again. This time things were a little different. After clicking Submit I went to a screen that said that due to the high volume of customer service requests it would take 5 - 10 days to get a response. Well, at least I know they got my request! So a couple weeks later (yes, more than 10 days) I received an email saying they would be sending me new fins for my rocket. But it would take 4 - 6 weeks!! I'm not exactly sure how long it took but it was more than 6 weeks and closer to 8 or 9 weeks before I received the fins. I can't believe 4 months is an acceptable turn-around time for them for a customer service issue! :mad: I think I'll be sticking with smaller vendors from now on where a week would be considered too long!

I'm still calling and leaving messages and still not receiving any reply from Estes.

No wonder they say they are receiving a high volume of customer service requests! It's probably the same 20 people trying to get through to them over and over! :)

No wonder they say they are receiving a high volume of customer service requests! It's probably the same 20 people trying to get through to them over and over! :)

LOL!
If that were true they could solve both problems - the high volume of calls, and our lack of satisfaction on their part - by simply replying in a timely fashion... what a concept.

I've never really had any problems with Estes customer service. What I have a problem with is it is now October, and all the so called new release dates have come and gone and all I see is tumbleweeds.

Just a quick update... the rocket and motors finally arrived.
However, it was Fire (Fyre?) and not Christine who made it happen.
I guess all's well that ends well.

I am also having the same slow reply from Estes CS. About a month ago I submitted a question about finding a BT for a Cosmic Cobra that lawn darted on it's first launch back in January. I finally got a reply last week saying they would send me out a replacement tube in 3 to 4 weeks.

I do have to say that I'm impressed they are going to replace the BT for me. I find fewer and fewer companies willing to do much in the way of customer service anymore, so I can wait a little longer for a company that is willing to backup their products.

My :2:

Although I haven't had to use them for several months, kudos to the Estes customer service from me, high five to Christine! YOU DA MAN!
wickball

My experience with Estes is about the same. Lousy. I don't buy anything with the Estes name on it except engines.

When my son was eight he saved all the money he had earned and bought a new Estes launch pad. It came broken.

We never did get replacement parts. I must have called or emails 20 times.

Andrew

When I first got back into rocketry about 5 yrs ago I had an engine not fire the ejection charge. I emailed them a photo and it took 5 months to get a replacement. They sent me one engine in a box. OK, but 5 months to do that?

Don't like their lies over the re-releases either.

I think it depend on who you get a hold of s Customer Service. First time contacted them I got Christine(I think, it was a while ago), I had an A8-3 that didn't have a ejection charge a all, the clay cap was fully intact. I got an e-mail the next day and a new pack of motors in two weeks.

The second time I had a E9-4 that blew out a nozzle. I e-mailed them about and they didn't even acknowledge my existence. I wasn't expecting free stuff or anything, but a "thank you for bringing this to our attention" would been nice.

So Far, My experience has been good with Estes. I had a vintage 1926 V-2 Bt80 version have an old D12-3 cato in it. (Looked good as a fireball at about 20ft up.) This trashed the fin can assembly. I emailed Estes via their website on Sunday, and got a response on Tuesday. They are sending me a tailcone, and parts for repair. This response did come from Christine. Thanks Estes for the support.

Just received my replacement tailcone, and they even included replacement centering rings, and parts for the motor mount.

Thanks Estes.

I am also having the same slow reply from Estes CS. About a month ago I submitted a question about finding a BT for a Cosmic Cobra that lawn darted on it's first launch back in January. I finally got a reply last week saying they would send me out a replacement tube in 3 to 4 weeks.

I do have to say that I'm impressed they are going to replace the BT for me. I find fewer and fewer companies willing to do much in the way of customer service anymore, so I can wait a little longer for a company that is willing to backup their products.

My :2:

Last week I came home and found a box on the doorstep.
When I opened the box I found an entire Cosmic Cobra kit from Estes CS:y:
What I'd asked for was a BT as this kit uses an odd ball size and a decal kit if it could be proivided.
Cudos to the Estes CS team. It may have taken awhile, but man did they exceed my expectations.:clap::clap::clap:

I have had mixed results with estes. called once after a mid air cato killed a classic rockit no longer in production. They where unable to replace the rocket but sent me 2 packs of motors.

the next time i called I was looking for parts to me nova payloader. the plastic bt and the nose block because it was broken in the package. brittle and un saveable. and the nose block provided was not the right size for the bt. called customer servace left a message got nothing. emailed got nothing. called again nothing. gave up

Called estes looking for info on the educator program and some other things talked to their education person cant remember her name but was wonderful and helped alot. and we emailed back and forth for a while.

had a c6-2 turn out to be a c6-10 one day cause substanchel damage to my mars lander called, emailed, snail mailed and got nothing. havent delt with them since though i cant blame them if their over loaded christene cant do it all herself. though she does try

I want to give a big thumbs up to Estes customer service for sending my replacement laser cut balsa sheets that I ordered through their updated website. It was a painless process and they did it for free, with no questions asked! :D

My experience with Estes is about the same. Lousy. I don't buy anything with the Estes name on it except engines.

When my son was eight he saved all the money he had earned and bought a new Estes launch pad. It came broken.

We never did get replacement parts. I must have called or emails 20 times.

Andrew

I like my Dr. Zooch pad... looks COOL! (pretty close to Pad 34 at the Cape) and it was cheap and easy to build...

Later! OL JR :)

Estes customer service has always been great for me. Also some of their classic kits have hit the market...Hornet, Photon Disruptor, Photon Probe and Satellite Interceptor.

I also recently had a great bit of service from Estes. Asked for replacement *missiles* for a Screaming Eagle and inquired about PURCHASING new gliders for my Shuttle Express. Got 2 entire kits in the mail. Fantastic!

My post is years after most of the previous posts. I have had good experiences with Estes. I had a Skytwister CATO,they sent me a new one. I had a Bull Pup kit with warped an poorly cut fin sheet. They sent me a new kit. I also had a damaged Photon Probe,one of the hardwood fin runners was short.They sent me a Sky Stryker,what the hell ,cool kit Lol. I have also sent questions about some products an I did get a response. My Der Red Max chute was the Chinese plain red,they sent me a few skull an crossbone chutes. Obviously I have bought alot of their products,Mostly no problem,a few had some hiccups I sent e-mails on. Their response and assistance has been great,better than any other business I have ever dealt with. The only thing about Estes I would change is move manufacturing back to the US.

Don't know how it was previously but since I have returned to rock try in Dec. 2011, all my interactions with Estes have been suprriour customer service.

They were up to speed for me as well. I bought a Fletcher for my daughter about a month ago. There was about an inch and a half of loose coiling on one of the body tubes that caused the tube to be warped. So, I filled in the warranty information online. I got an immediate response to my claim via email. And replacement shortly there after. No complaints here.

I'm hoping they pull through for me... I just purchased a Pro Series II Leviathan (the last one in stock) at the LHS and it's missing the motor retention hardware. :( That was a total buzz kill... I'm proceeding with the build though in the hopes that they'll either ship one out, or failing that, I'll just jury rig the motor mount out of PVC or metal clips... I sent them a message through the website yesterday so we'll see what happens.

It might be possible some communicating problem or some line problem so its not a big problem you should tray to again but on the other end they really have some problem in customers services but I shure you have an other way for this so you should tray for this.

I recently had a great experience with Estes customer service too. I broke a fin off of my daughter's crayon rocket after a hard landing. The damage was 100% my fault as the rocket didn't gain enough altitude for the parachute to completely deploy. The fin can/motor retainer is a one piece plastic assembly. I contacted them via their web form asking to purchase a new fin can. To my suprise, and new crayon showed up in the mail about a week later!

Thank you Christine and Estes!

My experience with Estes customer service has been top notch. I had an E12-6 Cato in my Canadian Arrow. I E-mailed CS pictures of the engine with the serial number and the model. Within a week I received a new pack of engines and a V2 kit.

Thanks again Christine and Estes.

Estes has been good to me, appreciate that.

The 'who you get' thing can make a difference. Know that from doing retail for a couple decades with gaps for a 5 year stint at an auto auction and a couple years with a telecom.

Back