Kudoes to anyone who can read this all the way through without screaming.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8VAwN05.gif

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear it was an English interpretation by the Japanese. I've read some pretty funny translations before that had me rolling.

Give it another try. I got that at first..

or should I say:

Attempts the second try wanting to see website location and content. Me see reported that at original request..

If his sentence construction was as developed as his vocabulary, he might be tolerable. I'm with Maxter on this. OUCH!

This almost sounds like machine-generated text to me, based on some sort of AI fed with relevant information.

Interestingly there are scientific and academic papers that get written by AIs and they are very hard to distinguish from the real deal, especially with some of the clever AI setups these days. When you actually read the machine-generated text there is almost no additional information or anything of note. Some of these documents have even been cited in official peer-reviewed articles. The best way the publishers have of detecting these sort of documents these days is, funnily enough, using an AI :facepalm:. What is this world coming to...

That reads like it was algorithmically generated in Japanese and then algorithmically translated to English. All the posts on the site are like that.

The crazy thing is that there are a few smatterings that actually make sense.

The next time I see someone with an obsessive scale model I'm going to say "That's a pretty good Worthless Type Rocket you have there!"

And heretofore, I will no longer say I have a hobby. It is a Fun Redirection Progression.

This reminds me of a smart-a$$ thing I did to a project manager once.

She had forwarded a requirements document, originally written in Spanish, that had obviously been run through one of those internet translators. It was useless.

I kept trying to explain to her that I couldn't understand the document, but she kept insisting it was translated and therefore was usable (she obviously never read the translated document)

To drive the point home, I wrote a lengthy memo in English, used one of those internet translators and converted it to German, translated that to French, and then translated that back to English.

I e-mailed her the three-times translated memo along with the instruction to "Review ASAP"

Of course, she complained she couldn't understand the memo, I responded, "What do you mean? It's there in plain English!"

Yeah, sometimes ya gotta hit the mule with the 2x4 before it listens to you...

[video=youtube;EAI6awt5fpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAI6awt5fpM[/video]

Quebec is a bit of a funny place, as we have two languages that seem to fight each other all the time.

Calling companies, you have a French answer and an English answer. "Please press 9 for English / SVP, appuyer sur 1 pour Francais". I'm often amazed that the "other" language is usually spoken by someone who isn't all that familiar with the proper use, syntax, and verbiage of the "other" language. (I'm sure there is someone in your company that speaks better English / French than the person who recorded the message! Make the effort to find them!)

Quebec is a bit of a funny place, as we have two languages that seem to fight each other all the time.

Calling companies, you have a French answer and an English answer. "Please press 9 for English / SVP, appuyer sur 1 pour Francais". I'm often amazed that the "other" language is usually spoken by someone who isn't all that familiar with the proper use, syntax, and verbiage of the "other" language. (I'm sure there is someone in your company that speaks better English / French than the person who recorded the message! Make the effort to find them!)

We do, too, but it's Spanish here. "Para continuar en Espanol, marque numero dos."

The site very much reminds me of the instructions that came with a Chinese keychain 808 camera that I bought once. Some of it I just never figured out.

Operating the video mode and press 3 button so that blinking blue light, and not blink. If not picture pressing three times red.

The site very much reminds me of the instructions that came with a Chinese keychain 808 camera that I bought once. Some of it I just never figured out.

Operating the video mode and press 3 button so that blinking blue light, and not blink. If not picture pressing three times red.

Speaking of which, did you ever get it to work? A friend has bought me three of those cheap ones and I don't think any of them are viable.

Speaking of which, did you ever get it to work? A friend has bought me three of those cheap ones and I don't think any of them are viable.

I did. I strapped it to a Big Daddy and launched. Big Daddy never blew the nose and rocket core sampled. Camera was toast. So, I guess I should say, "I think I did." :wink:

me think it read sort of like the interlinear translation of the Holy Bible. translated word for word from greek

There's a copyright of the page. Some bonehead thought his mindless rubbish needed to protected.

This almost sounds like machine-generated text to me, based on some sort of AI fed with relevant information.

Interestingly there are scientific and academic papers that get written by AIs and they are very hard to distinguish from the real deal, especially with some of the clever AI setups these days. When you actually read the machine-generated text there is almost no additional information or anything of note. Some of these documents have even been cited in official peer-reviewed articles. The best way the publishers have of detecting these sort of documents these days is, funnily enough, using an AI :facepalm:. What is this world coming to...

I agree; it's a word by word machine translation, whether done by machine or human with no familiarity with English.

Steve Shannon

Back