krylon sandable primer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stymye

Reaction score
has Krylon quit making sandable primer?

my normal source(local big K)was completely out so I started driving to other stores

I spent 3 hrs today driving around looking for it !
went to 1 regular walmart
2 super walmarts
2 more K marts(big K)
2 michaels
1 hobby lobby
home depot and lowes don't carry it
found out target does even not stock spray paint

it's 1.5 hrs round trip to the next hobby lobby and walmart

It's odd,none of these stores even had a spot labeled for krylon sandable primer.. and whenever I asked about it ,they would point me to the non sandable stuff insisting that is what I need...

I have mabey 2 dozen cans of krylon paint ,, so I really need some

ok the wife had to go somewhere this afternoon , she stopped by yet annother kmart and a michaels for me,,, still no luck

not one can of sandable primer

in one day,11 stores that sell krylon and not one single can of sandable primer :confused:

Funny you should mention that. About three months ago i noticed that all of the cans of Krylon primer I bought no longer had the word "Sandable" on them. Yet, they do say that you can sand after it dries.

I did a quick search and found out that one vendor, JOANNES, no longer carries it say, "...product is no longer available."

the type I normally use has colored balls pictured on the can and says sandable on the front of the can,, I tried the other with the black,grey and white balls pictured on the can,,, I have seen both in stores at the same time.. but it is definately not the same thing
it's more like flat paint

mabey it's time to change brands
I sent an email to krylon ,I'll post the reply here

I went to the Krylon website...couldn't even find it there under products. They do refer to it in one of the projects page so at least I got the product number....
Krylon® Sandable Primer - White (#1315)

Speaking of Krylon, it has become hard to find in my area. Not just primer, but Krylon all together. Wal Mart has a very limited selection, and other than them, Hobby Lobby is the only source. The local Lowes, Home Depot, True Value, ect., have all quit carrying Krylon.

Back