Kraken clone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjp

Reaction score
I want to give a special thanks to Layne Pemberton for his generosity in providing me with his destructions on how to build his Kraken rocket.What a great time I had building this incredible rocket.I was well informed as well as intertained.Layne was also helpfull in telling me if my CP and CG where in the range that his spects called for.I hope to fly her this weekend and will take pictures.But here are the pictures I took of it this morning.I have a coat of Future on it and does it ever shine. Thanks again Layne,this is by far the best rocket that I have ever built and it's also my favorite and it:clap: will be always at the top of my list.cjp.

Someting happened,will try to post pictures again.Am having problems with my computer.:(

Sounds like it came out nicely

looking forward to the pictures!

Matt

Very nice. I need to build an upscale Kraken!

Thanks for the kind words,I can't wait to fly her Saturday.I already have a D12-5 with it name on it for it's first flight.Will try to post pictures on that one.;)

I also really like the Kraken. I've had two. Both floated away on me. I would highly suggest going with minimial chute size. The "fins" are plenty strong enough to handle a fast landing.

I've had six kracken flights, three landed under chute, no damage. One popped the nose cone but not the chute (my fault), fell flat from 700 ft., no damage. Two flights were perfect deployment, but only came down to about 300 ft and were last seen about a 1/2 mile away and still going.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Kraken, I just think it really needs a smaller chute. Anyway, I'm about half done with a 3" upscale. "King Kraken" size. I'm putting interchangable motor mounts in it. Hopefully I can fly it as part of the HPR demo at the TARC championships. Got to get it finished.

Tha was a concern of mine about the tube fines.I have a 18in. chute with a 3in. spillhole.Thought it might come down to fast for the tube fins.Also built a 18in. "X" chute for it.That one I might try my Der Big Red Max with.If it works out then I'll load it in my Kraken.To bad about your's floating away.I'm not going to launch if the winds are to high as we are on our smaller field this week.I'm also already thinking of building a larger scale Kraken.But one step at a time.Hope to get some pictures at Saturdays launch.

She looks great Carl!
We are glad we could help you out.

And don't be like some people and let yours drift off.
;)

Thanks,that makes my day that you like it,I already have switched parachutes and am going to use my 18" with the 3" spillhole.Just hope the weather holds out.Thanks again,cjp.:D

She looks sweet, Carl! Great job!!

Can't wait to see her fly!

-C

Thanks,make sure you bring your camera,I need some good shots.Your the man for that job.:bangbang:

Thanks,make sure you bring your camera,I need some good shots.Your the man for that job.:bangbang:

Hehe. Sure! I want to get some shots of mine too, so I'll set the thing on Auto, and you can shoot pics of mine too...or I'll just have you launch a few for me :cheers:

Sounds great C,wow what a change in the weather,snow and ice this morning.It's supposed to be gone by the end of the day.:y:This wil make the ground a little more forgiven.NorthEast Ohio weather,go figure:confused2:.

Back