• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

KosRox Apollo Pad Abort Test Capsule and 9 OOP Rockets on EBay

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard N

Reaction score
I have just listed 10 out of production rockets on EBay with their auctions ending April 25, 2010. You can get to them all through the gallery at the bottom of my listing for a KosRox Apollo Pad Abort Test Capsule here:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140399829961

My handle on EBay is "mountbatten5".

The rockets included are:

KosRox Apollo Pad Abort Test Capsule
Estes 1272 Russian Vostok
Estes 1327 Astrocam 110 Aerial Camera
Estes 1336 Boeing ALCM Cruise Missile
Estes 1904 V-2
Estes 1919 Honest John
Estes 2086 TOMCAT Swing-Wing Fighter
Estes 2093 Broadsword
Estes 2166 Honest John Maxi-Brute
Estes 2177 Nightwing

Photos of the first five are below and the rest are in post #3.
Also listed are a CO2 motor, Jetex engine, Cox control line airplane, and a couple of 60's and 70's balsa RC models.

Good hunting.

Richard Ng

If you are wondering who I am, you can see my 15 milliseconds of rocketry fame in this video at the link at the bottom of the page on John Pursley’s web site here: https://accur8.com/

I am the guy at the right side of the frame whose ticket almost got punched by an unstable Goddard rocket at NARAM 2000. It could have been a real headache for a nano.

DSC_0513 ES.jpg

E 1272 Vostok 1.jpg

E 1327 1.jpg

E 1336.jpg

E 1904 V-2.jpg

Last edited:
Woowee I'll bet the pucker factor was high there for a moment. :eyepop:

Mikus,

It happened so fast, I didn't get the opportunity to pucker. I had my camera up to take pictures of it on ascent and had just taken it away from my eye and was looking down when I felt a thump through my boots and was surrounded by smoke and hissing. The rocket was accelerating downhill and could have hit me in the top of the head hard enough to put an end to all things.

The rocket fuel tube structure was made of 3/8" glued together pieces of plastic clothes hangers and was so floppy that it could not stand up on its own and was hung from a wooden frame for launch. I give the tech inspection guys and RSO an "F" for letting this one launch. I hope the kid who built it learned something from this and is much more careful about testing his creations now.

I see you are in Challenger. I was in Challenger with John Pursley in the closing years of the '90s and we were working for Compaq.

E 1919 Honest John.jpg

E 2086 Tomcat.jpg

Estes 2093 Broadsword.jpg

E 2166 1 HJ.jpg

Estes 2177 Nightwing.jpg

Last edited:
I see you are in Challenger. I was in Challenger with John Pursley in the closing years of the '90s and we were working for Compaq.

Heh yep, I'm the current VP actually. We're trying to keep Challenger alive after a bit of a rough patch and are currently flying out at Luke Skywalker's cattle ranch after losing Rushing Park in Katy (softball & trees > rockets).

In fact about a year ago, Luke, David Montgomery and I went over to John's house and tried to extract as much rocketry knowledge as we could from John. I think he's forgotten more about rocketry than I'll ever know. ;)

I'll probably be taking a shot at some of your offerings. Wish me luck. :cheers:

Mikus,

I saw your bid. Good luck.

While I was looking around for data on some of the things I am selling, I came across this German rocketeer's web site--Leo's Leisure Site: https://www.leo.nutz.de/Rockets.php

On his rocket page, he has 580 rockets listed, each with one or more pictures of each one and pictures of more rockets than I have ever seen in one place.

Going through all of my kits is giving me the rocket itch that I stopped scratching in '02, so I will be dusting off some of my old war horses like the Estes Shuttle Stack and building some new ones.

I'll be listing a few more rare rockets soon.

Richard

Are you the guy with the backpack casually picking up the soft drink bottle after the launch as if nothing happened. I'm sorry but I did find that part funny. I would have been yelling and screaming at a few people for being such idiots.
Sorry again, but that was my take in the situation.

I'm the guy.

I put the soda on the ground because I needed both hands to use my camera while I took pictures of the launch. It is no big deal to me for anyone to discover the comedy of the situation. It could have been bad, but I was left undented with a story to tell. It's like watching one of those most amazing videos shows where you think someone has bought it and they get out okay. If someone got hurt, it wouldn’t be funny and would instead be tragic. I lived to tell about it, so this one can be declared funny.

Thanks Richard.

I'm glad you understand my point of view.

I love your comeback "I had to quench my thirst for DANGER"

You have some great items for sale, wish I had the $.

Daniel

Back