Kosdon motor file

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markkoelsch

Reaction score
Hello,

As many of you know, I am interested in flight simulation. I assist John Coker with Thrustcurve, I provide complete by manufacturer motor files on my site rocketryfiles.com, and I have assisted a lot of people with simulations and design tweaks when I was a Moderator on Rocketry Planet.

One thing that always concerned me a bit was the lack of a set of motor files for Kosdon motors. Frank made some great motors, but as many know he was not a computer type of guy. So, when he went back into production I had hoped to fix this, and then he passed.

I decided to try to fix this for historical purposes. I approached Paul Holmes asking for any cert data he might have, which he provided (thanks Paul). The file is as complete as I can make it with the data I could piece together. The rasp file can be found here:
https://www.rocketryfiles.com/?p=home&d=FlightSimulation/MotorFiles/ . There is a username and password, which are both guest. The file is called kosdon2014.eng.

As I stated, the files is not complete. If you have any of the following motors in a eng/rasp format please email them to me off list. The motors, the certified ones at least ( as stated from Frank’s 2000 catalog, that I do not have data for are as follows:

G65DH
I300 F
I420F
J345S
J530S (also called the J900)
J340F
J130S
K410S
L630S
L820S
L1500F
M1130S

In addition, the entire line of uncertified 2.5” motors are without data.

I have spent a fair amount of time getting this together- I hope you find it useful.

I have received additional data from Jim Rosson, and I have updated the file accordingly. The only certified motor without data is the J345.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

They might have been renamed. Many Kosdon motors were renamed due to Frank overrating them. Case in point is the j1500, which was actually something like a J975. If you look at a catalog from Kosdon from 2000 many motors were listed with a old and new designation.

Next time I am on my computer I will look

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I checked the file, and both the motors you referenced are in it.

Thanks for the I150 & the J340 or as it's old designation J-300, been looking for those for a while.

Mark any chance you could send me the Kosdon motor files? Through changing computers and moving data around I can't find the Kosdon set.
I still have several of the Kosdon reloads and would like to sim them in Rocksim 10
thanks

Mark any chance you could send me the Kosdon motor files? Through changing computers and moving data around I can't find the Kosdon set.
I still have several of the Kosdon reloads and would like to sim them in Rocksim 10
thanks

Attachments

• kosdon2014.eng
    29.5 KB · Views: 0
Back