• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Kosdon 54x1400 nozzle and 54mm bulkhead

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyBoy

Reaction score
Just like the title say I need a 54x1400 nozzle and 54mm bulkhead for a Kosdon case.

Just like the title say I need a 54x1400 nozzle and 54mm bulkhead for a Kosdon case.

Does it need to be Kosdon style with no shoulder on the nozzle or can it be 54mm compatible for snap ring hardware?….(AMW, Gorilla, Tru Core) I have plenty of EX stuff I’d be willing to part with in certain sizes.

Preston

Does it need to be Kosdon style with no shoulder on the nozzle or can it be 54mm compatible for snap ring hardware?….(AMW, Gorilla, Tru Core) I have plenty of EX stuff I’d be willing to part with in certain sizes.

Preston
Thanks but it has to be a Kosdon bulkhead, I have some KBAs left.

I have an extra Kosdon 54mm bulkhead if Preston has an extra 1400 nozzle. It is likely that we'll rendezvous in the next few weeks and could combine shipping.

Two notes:
1. AMW nozzles work just fine with the KBA loads. If the liner step bothers you, you can cut a short length of liner material to cover the section...or better yet cut a longer liner that covers the gap and protects the case better. I have the throat of the 1400 nozzle listed as .485"...that's the important part.
2. My Kosdon bulkheads have been re-machined by Trucore (Ed Romani) to include the liner step. Again for a sealed liner interface. The only impact on functionality is improved protection of the case on the forward end. Same deal here, the area can be covered with a short length of liner...or better yet, cut a new liner that covers the extra length on both ends.

If no luck, I have a nice,flown maybe once or twice, gold annodized Kosdon 54mm Delay BH.
Don't think I have an extra 1400 nozzle, though.
LMK, I can get a photo.

I have an extra Kosdon 54mm bulkhead if Preston has an extra 1400 nozzle. It is likely that we'll rendezvous in the next few weeks and could combine shipping.

Two notes:
1. AMW nozzles work just fine with the KBA loads. If the liner step bothers you, you can cut a short length of liner material to cover the section...or better yet cut a longer liner that covers the gap and protects the case better. I have the throat of the 1400 nozzle listed as .485"...that's the important part.
2. My Kosdon bulkheads have been re-machined by Trucore (Ed Romani) to include the liner step. Again for a sealed liner interface. The only impact on functionality is improved protection of the case on the forward end. Same deal here, the area can be covered with a short length of liner...or better yet, cut a new liner that covers the extra length on both ends.

I can probably get an AMW nozzle from Robert, let me know about the bulkhead.

I don’t know if it helps, but I have an AMW 54/1400 motor, case , nozzle, standard forward closure and what I assume is a spacer for use with the plugged closure. Don’t have any o-rings, washers or snap rings. One problem, is the nozzle throat measures .4375 Here’s a picture:

2DF25CF4-67A5-49E9-9CD9-1366AB492785.jpegE88B3FE9-4F05-40F5-AF86-3A7D5CC678BD.jpeg

I have a few gold hockey puck style bulkheads,no liner shoulder. Let me know if I need to go digging.....

Back