Knockoff GoPro. Anyone tried it?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebruce1361

The man with the plan. And some duct tape.
Reaction score
I came across this action camera at Walmart and I while it's clearly no GoPro, it wouldn't be so bad if it were damaged or lost. I'm thinking of getting one to incorporate into a BT60 tube lengthwise facing out horizontally or possibly to put into a large clear payload tube like on the Rising Star from Apogee. Does anyone have experience with this camera?20200104_224023.jpg

If you try it, be sure to post results here! I've tried various flavors of the 808 Keychain cameras, and never got very good results from them.

There are reviews online. Here's one:

Not great. Also looks quite large (and heavy?) for a BT60, but maybe you can make it work. And for $30, maybe OK.

Last edited:
If you try it, be sure to post results here! I've tried various flavors of the 808 Keychain cameras, and never got very good results from them.

Yeah, thus far all I have are two 808 cameras. They do well for low-profile cameras to mount directly to the body tube for aft-view shots, but the quality isn't so good. With this one, I see it best as a horizontal view camera or possibly an aft-view camera if mounted with a mirror.

Back