Klima eXa Reloaded Maiden Flight and Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Reaction score
This weekend was a rare occasion as I was able to attend a rocket meet that was approved to take place.

With this thread I will document the build mostly with pictures. However I will begin by showing off the pretty bird on it's picture perfect maiden flight.
On 4 x Klima C6-5 motors it flew aprox. 250 meters (820 feet) high. Next time I'm going to see if 4 x Klima B6-4 will be enough.

On the pad:
Klima_eXa_Reloaded_4xC6-5_2020.09.06_1.jpg

Ignition:
Klima_eXa_Reloaded_4xC6-5_2020.09.06_2.jpg

On chute:
Klima_eXa_Reloaded_4xC6-5_2020.09.06_5.jpg

Safe landing:
Klima_eXa_Reloaded_4xC6-5_2020.09.06_3.jpg

This is how the ignition system looked like:
Klima_eXa_Reloaded_4xC6-5_2020.09.06_4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics, and great looking rocket Leo! How challenging was it to modify for a 4 motor cluster? Or is the version available to you different from the one imported to the US?

Nice pics, and great looking rocket Leo! How challenging was it to modify for a 4 motor cluster? Or is the version available to you different from the one imported to the US?

Thanks!
Just as simple as with 1 motor mount. Klima has a 4 engine mount version, in kit form or as separate option. I don't know if Apogee have either.

Klima_eXa_Leo_N.jpg

I understand they've changed the kit since I did my build thread. I'll be interested to see what those changes are.

I understand they've changed the kit since I did my build thread. I'll be interested to see what those changes are.

The Apogee page lists 9 items upgraded from September 2019. When was your review ? Klima eXa on Apogee

But no 4-banger cluster kit for the USA. :dontknow:

Last edited:
I was just looking at this kit on the Apogee website. One of the listed upgrades is a 50mm internal body tube. You would have to make your own 4x18mm cluster mount (looks similar to the Quest Quadrunner).

Back