kits with Sandman parts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raw9jr

Reaction score
If I ever figure out how to shrink the file size of the photo's I'll post some.
Over the last couple of weeks I've been able to get a couple of builds nearly complete.

Arcas - Jim Z plans, Sandman nose, various parts. Complete and painted, no decal.

Ranger - Jim Z plans, Sandman nose and block, variuos parts. Complete and painted, no decals.

Sandman Simple 1B - completed, not clear coated. Can I just use a wax, or should I hit it with a clear coat first?

Firecat - Jim Z plans, Sandman nose, various parts, Complete and 1/2 painted.

Astron Cobra - Jim Z plans, Sandman nose and transition, various parts. Assembled, need finishing.

Sandman's stuff is awesome. I have a couple more kits with his balsa waiting - I can't wait.

I open the pics in paint then pull down the image menue and under stretch/skew I reduce both dimension (horizontal and vertical) by the same amount then recheck the file size.

Oh, yea...save it as in "Save As" a jpeg file. They're smaller than a bitmap.

in some cases,Just the act of opening the file in paint and saving it as jpeg can reduce the file size by mabey half.you can open and save it again and it may reduce the file size even more .. so often you can post a large photo without having to shrink or crop it down a whole lot.

Irfanview does a good job of reducing file size that way

i dont think paint recognizes that it already is a jpg file, and since a jpg files format reduces the reso then it just keeps decreasing (unlike photoshop where theres the 1-12 choice of reso)

Back