Kit recommendation: 3" dia for 38mm motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPF

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a simple, clean design 3" diameter rocket kit for a 38mm motor that features a 4:1 or 5:1 conical cone (essential), payload bay, with TTW fin mounting? I'm looking for something around 40" - 50" in length resembling a basic minimum diameter vehicle. Fiberglass tubes + cone okay. I imagined going scratch but thought I'd first ask the Forum community if anyone knows a good match. Thank you!

The conical nose cone restricts you to maybe a Black Brant or WAC Corporal but I don't know of anyone making one in 3". Most all kits favor an ogive nose.

Thank you both. Yes, the conical might very well be the stopper here and thus direct me to a scratch built effort. My options are open but the cone was the starting point. I just imagined someone out there might would have one in a kit and maybe, just maybe, in sleek min diameter form. Thanks again.

Thank you both. Yes, the conical might very well be the stopper here and thus direct me to a scratch built effort. My options are open but the cone was the starting point. I just imagined someone out there might would have one in a kit and maybe, just maybe, in sleek min diameter form. Thanks again.
CW does sell that conical nose cone separately for $69.99 - the thirty extra bucks for the Lotus kit is probably less than the motor mount, fins and body tube if you bought them by the piece so it would be a good kit to stretch. CW’s stuff is very nice, I have a 2.6” Arrow waiting to be built. Good luck with your project - post some updates to the forum if you can.

Last edited:
Much obliged, thanks for the reply! I'll look into your idea.

Back