Kit Design Feedback

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Alright TRF, in regards to my post on what diameter kit size I should start with, I wanted to ask now on the design. For the most part, I am looking for feedback on fin design. If it looks good to you all, then I will leave them as is, but if anything, I think I might go with a "choose" your own design so long as it fits within a 1' x 1' sheet of carbon and meets the stability margin. I can post the .ork file to help with ensuring your own fin design will work with the kit.

The deployment system is what has me hyped and it will be tested first before actually producing the first few kits. To put it short, basically electronics in nose cone and parachute in coupler to deploy from. This does three things, first it allows for GPS tracking, since the electronics are stored away in the nose cone which is made from fiberglass, second this keeps the length of the rocket to a minimum and finally it gets rid of two separation points.

It is a 4 fin design

Your Feedback will be most appreciated
ufo 54 rocket.jpg

Back