Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by JonathanOtt, Jan 3, 2019.
So I had a crazy idea...
I really don't want to build the Expedition, so using the parts to piece together something different.
Well....thanks Jonathan. Now I just have to make one too! Please post the build thread here.
I'm building it in Open Rocket now.
Here's what I have so far...
It uses K'Tesh's HOJO nose cone.
The only thing I can't figure out is how to do the stand off for the launch lug. I have it in place, I just don't know how (or if) it can be sandwiched/attached to the BT and the LL.
Some stuff might be a little wrong, or off, but I was just throwing something in the sim.
... don't forget to round off ~5% of the nose Nifty!
I'll bite. Where do I obtain a K'Tesh's HOJO nose cone?
Reminds me a lot of the Marauder kit from the 1980s
Plans are here: http://www.oldrocketplans.com/estes/est1922/est1922.htm
It's in K'Tesh's OpenRocket Nose Cone Library. The nose cone I'm using on the build came from the Estes Expedition.
Glad you didn't go the other way:
Der Red John
Not much to a build thread. I used the tube that fit the nose one, cut down the MMT a little (I think I took about 3"off), traced my regular Der Red Max fins and cut them from the scraps of the Mega Der Red Max fin sheeting and glued it all together.
I might shorten the BT up some, it just looks a bit too long. There's a pic on my "Productive night" thread. It kinda looks like a short RPG with the BTthat long.
The MMT is from the Expedition (C11/D12/E), so it'll scoot. I'm glad the fins are 1/8" HARD balsa. Attached with Titebond III, and filleted with Titebond Thick and Quick.
I'm going to have to put some weight in the nose. According to OpenRocket, it balances at the point where OR says it should balance with the E12-4 in it. I do have a fair amount of spackle on the fins right now, and have not sanded it off yet, but I doubt the spackle that's on there weighs what an unfired E12-4 weighs.
Maybe it'll look more Max'ish when its painted.
Separate names with a comma.