Kit bash (Estes Scion - Patriot) pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepe Le Pew

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My flying buddy Humberto purchased an Estes Scion to convert it into a Patriot. Considering the Scion is just a Leviathan with a longer tube we saw another rocketeer here on the forum converting it into a Patriot, so we gave it a go. Launched it on an G-74-6W. We also visited the TTRA launch in Plant City, Fl this weekend and met up with a bunch of great rocketeers, the quantity of launches and quality of the rockets was amazing! Talk to you soon!

Pepe

20160918_160346.jpg

20160918_175624.jpg

20160918_175607.jpg

patriot.jpg

Patriot gone.jpg

Last edited:
Did you try to clone the Estes Pro Series (2066) version (with tail cone, and 4 engine cluster, etc), or just as a straight tube? It looks straight in the photos.

Last edited:
I should have started out by saying that the rocket looks good... When I'm tired, the autism comes out more.

Thanks for the reply.

Nice work! I flew mine a couple times this weekend; it got a lot of interest especially when I told people it was a Scion kitbash.

It looks good!

I still have a Leviathan kit that I kept in case my existing Leviathan ever died. Well... it's dead now. So maybe the next one will get this treatment.

I'm thinking that of the spare Leviathans I have back home, It's possible that I'd make a Patriot. However, I'd combine the PSII with the PS1 shape, PSII motor. I've never tried a cluster, and I'm disinclined to do so after seeing one go (when only 2 of the 3 motors lit).

Back