King Kraken Fin Layout

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jozef

Reaction score
Does anyone have the tube fin layout dimension for the King Kraken? I have some LOC airframe and centering rings laying around for a scratch build. Thanks!

I have the templates at home, but won't be back until the weekend. Can upload them if no one else gets them to you....

I've placed the "Destructions" from Pemberton that describe how to mark the tube to pattern the tube fins in a Google Drive folder (too large to attach the TRF) as well as some build threads I pulled off of TRF (Word docs) that describe how others tackled cutting out and preparing the fins. There are no templates per se, but measurements that you make to scribe the lines that you then cut out. Most instructions suggest you use one new xActo blade per fin. I bought the gold colored Z blades and one cut out all four with life to spare. Here is the link to my docs. Just note that you need a 34" long (minimum), 3" diameter airframe.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12nW_RIAfPg6FZ_DaSicTwDqo_nxsbhEQ?usp=sharing

Thank you Mike for providing the information on the King Kraken.

Back