Key Switches

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

jbr

Reaction score
I believe in simplicity and ease of use.
If you have to take apart and assemble your ebay every launch, good luck with that.
All I have to do is remove old charges and install new ones.
Remove old motor and install new one.
Launch

PSLimo

Reaction score
JBR said:

"I believe in simplicity and ease of use."

That's exactly why I use key switches on my larger build's. Very simple and very easy to see the status of the electronics.

20210731_093923.jpg

20210731_094021.jpg

TBob

Reaction score
I believe in simplicity and ease of use.
If you have to take apart and assemble your ebay every launch, good luck with that.
All I have to do is remove old charges and install new ones.
Remove old motor and install new one.
Launch
Are your batteries accessible outside of your ebay? Do you test them between flights to ensure you have enough juice for the next flight? I use 9v batteries and replace them after each flight whether it's needed or not. I open the ebay after each flight to do this as they are tied to the sled. Not worth the risk for a couple bucks, IMO. Not sure why the "good luck with that" comment. This is not difficult or time consuming work.

Handeman

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Are your batteries accessible outside of your ebay? Do you test them between flights to ensure you have enough juice for the next flight? I use 9v batteries and replace them after each flight whether it's needed or not. I open the ebay after each flight to do this as they are tied to the sled. Not worth the risk for a couple bucks, IMO. Not sure why the "good luck with that" comment. This is not difficult or time consuming work.
I tend to side with jbr on this one. I use screw switch on the booster coupler and pull pins on the switch band. That way I can turn off the altimeter while prepping and put in the pull pins with the Remove Before Flight flags and turn on the screw switch just before putting the last shear pin in the booster-coupler joint. I only open my av-bay to change the 9VDC batteries when the altimeters report below 9VDC. That is usually every 3 years and 20+ flights. I trust a proven flight tested battery to handle the g-loads and vibrations of flight much more than an untested new battery. YMMV