Kevlar shockcord attachment

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ac2fv

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Wildman Journey 75 that I’m building. I read on a vendor web site to Connect your main chute directly to the hard point in the nose cone. I’m assuming you also connect the shockcord to the nose cone main point. Is this correct, or am I confused, which is a high probability? Note this is standard deployment, not dual deployment.
Thanks.

I stopped doing this a while ago.
I prefer tying cord directly to nose then about a foot or two down put a loop on the cord. Attach the chute to the loop.

The issue seen often is the attachment loop on the nose cone breaks. Then the booster section separates and comes in ballistic and the nose with chute floats far, far away.

I stopped doing this a while ago.
I prefer tying cord directly to nose then about a foot or two down put a loop on the cord. Attach the chute to the loop.

The issue seen often is the attachment loop on the nose cone breaks. Then the booster section separates and comes in ballistic and the nose with chute floats far, far away.
Thanks!

Back