Ken Zeuner

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
I know that many of you will not know this guy but enough here on TRF will to make this worth posting. This email has managed to find it's way into my inbox:

Michigan Team-1 Members:
Sadly I must announce the recent death of one of Michigan Team-1's Prefect, Ken Zeuner on Sunday December 20, 2009 while
at work. Ken's passing is especially notable because, in addition to serving as our Prefect for many years, he was an
avid high power model rocket enthusiast and devoted a great deal of his own time and energy into the club.

Ken's sister, Carol Batrow informed me that a memorial will be held at the Casterline Funeral Home in downtown
Northville on Tuesday, December 29 from 5PM to 8PM.

Ken's enthusiasm and leadership of Michigan Team-1 and his love for the rocketry hobby were known by all, and we will
miss him deeply.

Ed

This sucks. Really, really sucks. Ken left an indelible mark on the high-powered community in Michigan. He will be missed.

Godspeed Ken.

-Dave

I never knew Ken, except by name, but this is no less a tragedy than the loss of Erik Gates and Paul Robinson.

My sympathy to Ken's family and friends in this most difficult of times.

-Kevin

I met Ken for the first time a bout 2 or 3 weeks ago at CDI in Southgate MI. He was there to get all his motor cases laser engraved with his name and phone number. As he waited for the cases , we talked for some time. He seemed to be in high spirits and was looking forward to the next launch. I wish I could have got to know him better. I could tell by my conversation with him that he very passionate about rocketry, and a really nice guy He will be missed by many in the hobby. My prayers go out to his family.

OMG seriously? This is getting ridiculous.

He signed off on my dad's L2 cert at LDRS 17 and was the true symbol of the quintessential rocketeer. Another tremendous loss for the hobby :(

Everyone stay safe out there...

Man O Man i'm just blown away by this news. I've known Ken since 94' at my first high power launch at Three Oaks. A very very hard working man in the rocket community and a cool guy to talk to about anything Rockets. Ken will be sadly missed and Three Oaks/Manchester will never be the same without him.

Darin Raymond TRA# 3030

Ty Kevin..

I want to say I really wished I took Kenny up on his offer to room with him at ldrs this year. He called me and asked and I could not..I will beat myself for not meeting up with him. What I will say is he was the best. Roomed with him so many times, even after I was out of the Biz and flew to ldrs in Texas. What I will say is I will be there tuesday in Northville. I hope to see all of you..

Ross Dunton

I met Kenny over ten years ago and for the last three he camped with me at the Three Oaks launches. We sat at my tent grilling Steak, prepping Rockets and having fun.

Ken was a good guy. After my first Level 1 attempt that failed in Three Oaks, he gave me some advice that turned out to be correct.

I wish i could make it up there on Tuesday, but due to work a 5-6 hours trip is just not possible. My prayers go out to he family in this difficult time.

Back