Kappa 9 M

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
This is my first scale kit result that I'm proud of. This is the Aerospace Specialty Products 24mm Kappa 9 M. After several trials and errors I finally got a decent chrome painted on the transition and top of the payload section, over aluminum elsewhere, and then the fluourescent orange highlights over that, without chewing up the metal finish with masking tape marks. Bottom line: one week drying time between. Sadly, the flash doesn't do justice to the finish. I'll get an outside shot later. My advice is, if you get a good metal finish, keep it low, like a D12, because you'll want it to land easy to prevent scuffing the metal. An 18" chute would be good, despite it weighing only 7 ounces before motor.

And I REALLY like the rub-on decals. Very nice.

Sirrah I cast down my gauntlet!

If for some reason we launch before you flee to warmer and more rural climes I shall challenge you Kappa-9-M to Kappa-9-M

Your single 24mm to my 3 x 18mm

What say you varlet?

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Sirrah I cast down my gauntlet!

If for some reason we launch before you flee to warmer and more rural climes I shall challenge you Kappa-9-M to Kappa-9-M

Your single 24mm to my 3 x 18mm

What say you varlet?

Avast and avaunt,
and a rat-a-tat-tat.
You may rest assured,
I'll take you up on that.

Speed or altitude?

And your little bird Wart Hog too!

"Ad hoc, ad loc,
and quid pro quo.
So little time,
WOO HOO!
so MUCH to know."
-- Jeremy Hillary Boob, Phud (PhD), Yellow Submarine

Knave!

We shall meet on the field of honour. There the Concours de lancement de fusée shall take place.

First to the ground after a successful and honorable flight leaves the fields honor intact!

My seconds shall contact yours!

lol - there are alot of light-hearted comments made on this forum, which make me laugh, perhaps thats one of the reasons why I like it so much here!

Every now and again, a thread makes me laugh out loud - this is one of them! :D

I hope pics of this duel will be posted.

Knave!

We shall meet on the field of honour. There the Concours de lancement de fusée shall take place.

First to the ground after a successful and honorable flight leaves the fields honor intact!

Done. Shall we say 3 x C6 (27 n/s) vs. 1 E9 (28.5 n/s)? Unless you'd like to try some high delta V C5's (=28.5 n/s).

"Boost? You can't handle the boost!" -- from "A Few Good Motors"

Please do. Time to plan a road trip for this weekend, if we're still on.

My Yale email is not being used.

Contact me at:
[email protected]
or
[email protected]
or
use that antiquey sound pressure level modulator/demodulator to call 468-9300.

Back