K250W shockcord attachment?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timothyterpsalot

Reaction score
I am wondering if the Aerotech K250-W motor has a shockcord attachment point on the bulkhead? I know it is a single use motor and that's why I am wondering. Thanks!

It's not a true single use anymore. It is now called a LMS [loadable motor system]

the reload is supplied with an aluminum case. The 2800 case non anodized.

You supply the front and rear closures and the seal disc.

Keep in mind you need the extended closure if you want to use the smoke grain.[it is a long burn remember]

All this said if you have a plugged and tapped forward closure you can put an eyebolt in it and your ready to go. If full tracking smoke is not required for your flight, you can use a regular size tapped forward closure and use a standard smoke grain or cut the supplied one to fit.
Correct sizes are shown on AT's resource page if you do not have access to one for measurement.

They are showing it at .938 inches in length for the standard closure.
Here are the needed Pdf's showing the cases and closures.

Unless of course you have access to an older version, then all the above is a mute point.

View attachment 54-2560_k700w-p_assy.pdf

View attachment 54-2800_k250w-p_lms_assy.pdf

Last edited:
All this said if you have a plugged and tapped forward closure you can put an eyebolt in it and your ready to go.

Jim is 100% correct. Here is a photo of a K-250 and said plugged, extended, tapped 54mm forward AT bulkhead.

PTTK-250.jpg

Justin

Thanks for the comments guys. The reason I am asking is because I am wanting to put the K250 into the Giantleap Vertical Assault rocket. I haven't purchased it yet but I am trying to figure out if it is possible. I would probably have to leave the fireball out to keep enough room for the drogue since the motor is so long.
I am also concerned about the weight. I have emailed giantleap about the weights of the three versions they offer but no one has emailed be back.

So is this the reason the tops of high power reload cases are tapped? What asking is is this the intended purpose?

Back