K1103X - Bond the grains?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theory

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
For those who have flown the AT K1103X, did you bond the grains to the liner? Know that some do this for the K2050.

Will be assembling this motor this week for a launch this weekend and have the time to bond if it’s advisable.

thanks all

Not required and I have flown two of them without bonding grains. A truly excellent motor, unbelieveable power for the 54/1706 case.

Never bonded the grains but I've used them as the center motor of a cluster. I would if flying in a minimum diameter rocket.
The X propellant in the 1706 case is the same price as the rest. Not true for other sizes. 400 free N-s compared to the K1100T!

These are the reloads of choice for the local NASA SLP participants for their sub-scale flight.
As others have said, assemble and fly. No grain to liner bonding required.

I had planned on flying one at Red Glare the other week, but my Raven was acting up so I had to abort. But I did bond the grains to the liner in mine. AFAIK there’s no negative to doing so, and I only did so because when I opened the reload I was met with a “grain gluing instructions” paper.

Interesting

mine didn’t have grain gluing instructions included

built as normal

looking forward to one heck of a flight

Back