K&S Arctic Wolf

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

T-Rex

Ordinary Average Guy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I came back into rocketry around the time the K&S Arctic Wolf series was released. I did not have the $$ to purchase one while they were in production.

Does anyone have a Rocksm or OR file for the Arctic Wolf they would be willing to post or PM/email to me?

We all know what happened, that can of worms does not need to be revisited. I am just looking to build a 3" clone.

Thank you!!

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
I built an Arctic Wolf a few years ago. It flies well, but if I were you I would upgrade the parts to things that were more robust. I had both av bay bulkheads shatter on its fourth flight. The bulkheads were noticeably thinner than ones on my LOC Iris.

T-Rex

Ordinary Average Guy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I built an Arctic Wolf a few years ago. It flies well, but if I were you I would upgrade the parts to things that were more robust. I had both av bay bulkheads shatter on its fourth flight. The bulkheads were noticeably thinner than ones on my LOC Iris.
That is good to know. I saw yours in old threads, very nice! Obviously I would be building it from scratch, so I can adjust materials as necessary. Problem is I need the tube lengths, fin dimensions, etc before I can get started. That is why I am looking for a Sim file.... If I can get the info I need, I intend to use 3" LOC tube and nosecone...

Last edited:

KenRico

'Just the Tip'
Reaction score
Fyrwrxz Dave has one I think .. paging FizzWilley !

Kenny

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
If you can't find the info I can measure mine.

T-Rex

Ordinary Average Guy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Was kinda hoping that someone still had the CD laying in the dungeon and could just copy & paste. Measuring seems like more work than I or this rocket is worth. Was just thinking that I can probably use the dimensions given in the gallery to get it close enough.

OK, based on the build threads and the few specs I am able to find, this is what I came up with....
Sorry, I don't know how to do a screen print from OR...

View attachment Arctic Wolf DD Clone.ork

pretty close, I think, maybe....

Last edited:

fyrwrxz

latest photo
Reaction score
Fyrwrxz Dave has one I think .. paging FizzWilley !

Kenny
I do have one well flown bird, but no file. If you need, I can do some measurements. The LOC upgrade sounds cool and I'd be right with you on a clone. The original, while very flight-worthy, seems a bit heavy. The av bay is the key selling feature for this bird and I'm not above cloning that either. Without opening said can-I bought the blueprints when I didn't get my other one, so-fair is fair. I can get with KenRico for pics and measurements if nobody has a file on this for you.

T-Rex

Ordinary Average Guy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks all for the offers to take measurements. I am greatly humbled. All I need are the fin measurements, if it is not a lot of trouble. Root, tip, and the height above the tube. That will get me close enough.

I was planning to just do a normal sled for the electronics. While the original is awesome, I think it would be difficult and frustrating to create without laser cut parts.

The upscale comes out to 103" long (a few inches short of a true clone due to nosecone difference) and will require H & I motors..... I'll probably install a 38mm mount, but fly it mainly on 29mm due to cost.
Work in progress....

View attachment Arctic Wolf DD Clone_3in.ork

Last edited: