just wondering...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
whats the biggest width rocket tube you can buy pre made? (we all know where this is goin...)

from a rocketry manufacturer, the biggest available is 11.5" phenolic tubing from Public Missiles. However if you need something bigger, go with quik tube. That stuff comes in about any size you could want from 6" up to 48" Or you could use fiberglass pipe.

If you need anything bigger than that, you might wan to consult NASA:D :kill:

Actually there may be bigger but I stopped by Public Missles a while back (they are about 45 miles from me) and they had a 60" carbon fiber tube they were making for a Gates bros. project.

A really really big Saturn 1B!

sandman

Sixty Inches!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sheez, if they were building a Mercery Redstone instead, they would be building it almost to scale :D

Sheez, if they were building a Mercery Redstone instead, they would be building it almost to scale

That's close! A Mercury Redstone is 70" in diameter, that's what the real Saturn 1B tank tubes are, Mercury Redstone bodys.

That's why the Saturn 1b was nicknamed "Cluster's Last Stand"

I think we all have to agree that Werner Von Braun is the absolute Ultimate "Cluster King".

"Our Germans are better that their Germans"

sandman:D

yep :) and another bit of trivia, few folks know that the Von Braun designed Saturn V was the **first** rocket ever designed with the purpose of lofting men into space.

The space shuttle was the second...

jim

Originally posted by jflis
yep :) and another bit of trivia, few folks know that the Von Braun designed Saturn V was the **first** rocket ever designed with the purpose of lofting men into space.

The space shuttle was the second...

jim

Yep...the Redstone and the Titan were both modified ICBM's (I dunno if the Redstone was a ICBM or just a theater missile...) I think it's very cool how those rockets were designed for war time purposes, yet NASA adapted them to use in peaceful exploration! Very cool stuff!

Jason

Von Braun V2 was ......65" diameter annother good candidate !!!

Back