Just received my Aim Xtra 3 - Doesn't get better than this

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the features of the altimeter and I've wanted one since they were released.

Does anyone know if there are plans for Bluetooth and phone app? Didn't I see someone had it attached to a tablet?

Launches in the desert southwest are somewhat inhospitable for any laptop that I care about. I also don't miss the days of dragging a laptop and connected peripherals to the LCO table.

Congrats on your purchase. Did you plug it in to your computer, yet? The combined alt + gps and custom interface are selling points for me, but I am a little wary of required firmware updates and OS compatibility. Plus, I would rather support American companies.

Does anyone know if there are plans for Bluetooth and phone app? Didn't I see someone had it attached to a tablet?

That kinda defeats the purpose of this unit, IMO. You are getting a very nice, unique, computer interface with this product that contributes to its price tag. There are other products that offer the Bluetooth/phone app approach.

That kinda defeats the purpose of this unit, IMO. You are getting a very nice, unique, computer interface with this product that contributes to its price tag. There are other products that offer the Bluetooth/phone app approach.

Interesting point. They don't seem to show off this interface on the website, unless I just missed it. Also missing from the site is the basic dimensions of the unit. But again, I could have missed it.

Hopefully the new US distributor showcases it a little better.

Interesting point. They don't seem to show off this interface on the website, unless I just missed it. Also missing from the site is the basic dimensions of the unit. But again, I could have missed it.

Hopefully the new US distributor showcases it a little better.

Look on the bottom of the AIM XTRA product page

1614174593675.png

What are the dimensions of the transmitter? I suppose I could go to their site, but it’s fun to be lazy . . . just not too often.

What are the dimensions of the transmitter? I suppose I could go to their site, but it’s fun to be lazy . . . just not too often.

I've scoured the website and can't find the dimensions.

I've also scoured the refrigerator for the ketchup and can never find it. My wife always does. Maybe she should take a look. 😉

I've scoured the website and can't find the dimensions.

I've also scoured the refrigerator for the ketchup and can never find it. My wife always does. Maybe she should take a look. 😉

You don’t need to refrigerate ketchup. Keep it on the kitchen table👌.

Back