Just Put 24mm Motor Mount into BT-55 and Bigger Rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone used an AeroPack 24/29 motor adapter with retainers other than AeroPack retainers?

I have a Super Big Bertha with a 29mm motor mount and it comes with a molded, AeroPack-style screw-on retainer. My 29mm RMS case fits it perfectly, but I would like to take advantage of the 24mm 3-pack reloads.

I could just build it with a 24mm tube, but that would involve building the fins from scratch to fit the smaller diameter, ordering the tube, waiting, etc. The AeroPack adapter just seems like the more elegant solution as long as it fits non-AeroPack retainers.

The best solution is to build more Rockets instead of using adaptors. I have cloudy day rockets, sunny day rockets, and Club launch rockets. My Min Diameter, sub min diameter, and BT-55 F-15 rockets rarely get launched, but when I get the chance they are good to go.

The best solution is to build more Rockets instead of using adaptors. I have cloudy day rockets, sunny day rockets, and Club launch rockets. My Min Diameter, sub min diameter, and BT-55 F-15 rockets rarely get launched, but when I get the chance they are good to go.
The answer to EVERY question is BUILD MORE ROCKETS.

;-)

The best solution is to build more Rockets instead of using adaptors. I have cloudy day rockets, sunny day rockets, and Club launch rockets.
I've been going both ways. When I build kits I usually build them with whatever mount they came with. I recently finished a Cherokee E with stock mount even though I'm unlikely to launch it with an E. But I have my own 18mm-24mm adapter that is E length so that rocket can fly on B and C motors for small fields. I've started building BT-60 rockets with 24mm mounts because they don't usually perform well with B6 and C6, but will fly better with C11 and D12.
I have a Vulcanite that I built with its stock 38mm mount even though again I'm very unlikely to launch it with a 38mm motor, but I built a pretty good adapter to adapt it down to 29mm. My other mid-powers were built with 29mm mounts. My level 1 rocket has a 38mm mount and that gives it plenty of versatility.

Thanks, all.
One lass stupid Newb question - I assume the fore and aft closures on the 24/40 and 24/60 cases are the one and the same? So you would only have to buy one set for both cases?

Thanks, all.
One lass stupid Newb question - I assume the fore and aft closures on the 24/40 and 24/60 cases are the one and the same? So you would only have to buy one set for both cases?

No. Fore an aft enclosures are different part numbers and have different thread sizes between the 24/40 and 24/60. Not at all compatible.

Back